• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Wells Fargo: New Venture In California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
They may have lost their license, but they found some sucker (Partners Financial Services) who has a license and will co-opt. Legal maybe, but just barely......

Austin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Some one posted a news story this week that listed the highest inflation rates in the nation by city. The highest rates were around 10% and the usual suspects, LA, SF, NYC, etc. Why is that? I think the anwer is a rigged market or in-house industry opertion. Realtors price their listing based on a 10% annual price increase, appraisers appraise fair value instead of market value by making time adjustments when they come up short, lenders know all of this but what the hell, we are all making out like a fat rat, so what?
This Wells Fargo, APR deal is a micro in-house deal. The only thing they need now is an appraisal service to go in with them and they can corner the market. One stop shopping. Easy money. We make your life easy.
I have an appraisal request laying on my desk at this moment from Wells Farge Home Mortgage. Why haven't I done it? Because it has a transaction value of $125,000 on the request, I did a search of every sale in this unique subdivision (40 parcels) going back 10 years and there is absolutely no justification for any such number as that in general and on that property in particular.
As I stated on another thread, this industry of ours is leaderless. We spend hours on this forum discussing the nuances of the AF, ASB, AQB, USPAP, while Rome burns. What is the point of it all?

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Fed rules over-ruled state rules. Wells Fargo trucks on.

Roger

Last Wells Fargo appraisal was several years ago when LO complained to me ..."well you just killed a really good commission for me"....knew they weren't going to last past the first dead deal anyway...bye, bye Wells Fargo.
These people should have been jailed years ago !!!!!!
:angry: They are still operating locally giving Skippy all their work - hey Skippy are you reading this ! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks