• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

What Am I Paying For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Paying 'through the nose" every year to ACI....Never recieved their 8.5 update and had to call yesterday to get the latest update....Which....I was told.....you could download IF you have 8.5! What a crock! Also, every time I call I can NEVER get ahold of a real live person....THEY always have to call me back. Yeah, like I'm going to sit by the phone all day just waiting for them to call me! I think ACI is not interested in supporting their appraisal software anymore......I'm thinking of dropping them altogether....

George Opelka

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
Bruce,

Version 8.5 was in the process of mass distribution and it was updated with some changes in the new forms. Version 8.5.2 is now being rolled out to Premier members. Bruce, with that said, please eMail me directly with your number at [email protected] and we'll get you squared away.

Thanks,

George Opelka
ACI

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I have also tried to get the update with no luck. Even dropped my yearly contract and they haven't called to ask me to renew. Could be time for a change!

TC

Jerry Still

Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks People,

I've got an older (5 yrs) copy of Bradford Tool Box, been trying to decide to upgrade or switch to ACI, or try the high priced long learning curve company? Based on your comments...ACI is long longer in the running!

Jerry

George Opelka

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
Much like your business, we have had an extremely busy year, and we are converting appraisers over at a very rapid rate. In the process, we continue to bulk up our staff in order to keep up with the demand.

I would encourage you to speak with some of the others using version 8.5 on the ACI Yahoo Groups forum and you'll get some tremendous feedback on our product as well. If nothing else, it's an active forum of ACI experts that exchange ideas with one another as well as with several members of our support staff.

We are in the process of shipping thousands of CDs to our customer. If you have a Premier agreement, please send me an email at [email protected] and I will ensure that we get your update out to you ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

George Opelka
ACI
http://www.appraiserschoice.com

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
George,

The ACI product is good it's just the support that seems to be lacking lately. I paid last October for a 1 year membership and am still only running version 8.2. I am thinking that there must be a better way to let us premiere members know when a new version is coming out and to keep us updated on new forms and changes. I e-mailed you my phone number as you requested.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
George:

This is not a random occurrence, and I am not playing dog-pile.
You are just going to have to listen to some pretty irritated folk on this matter.

Listen up.

In case it has escaped your notice, I am proactive in getting my needs met, and in speaking up when I am crossed. I mentioned my irritation about this matter to you in person at Ann O'Rourke's conference. I believe I even emailed you once since then, on this very matter. Just so you have a face for the name, I'll remind you that I ate lunch across from you, and you chatted briefly with myself and Doug Smith. To jog your memory I was wearing 'loud' Hawaiian prints.

Spouse and I have been calling ever since 8.5 was released, to be repeatedly told, it would be sent 'soon'. I believe there have been no less than 5 calls over the time frame in question from our office.

I called again TODAY as my need is now VERY urgent for the updated forms, due to client request, and was told it would be "sent".

I then had to ASK that the disc be sent overnight, after expressing my URGENT need for the new forms as requested by a prime client.:eek:nfire:

Though I have been first with MCS and then ACI my entire professional life I gotta tell you I am underwhelmed with "customer service" in this past two+ years. I have purchased nearly every combination of 'add ons' you sell, multiple licenses, and like Bruce, I did notice that your firm managed to send out a notice that my renewal for the PREMIUM service I pay for was due, never mind that the specifics of that contract had not been met("free upgrades") . Frankly do not see that I am receiving service commensurate with what I pay. :angry: and was seriously considering not renewing.

I have in fact tried other programs but was sticking with ACI for reasons of familiarity, and because in some matters it IS a better program... You guys are going to have to get it together in the next 12 months or I (and many others) will find another provider.

My final irritation is that SOME of your tech support people need to learn how to listen to clients when they call: I find it incredulous that my recent call expressing irritation for the counterintuitive search function required in "help" would have resulted in a tech telling me that I was 'wrong' when I explained that the same combination of search parameters in EVERY other program I have ever used gave me the answer I needed... And she was idiotic enough to add insult to the injury of having to leave a message and wait then call again ... when (as she told me) it was OBVIOUS that I should have searched under 'addendum' to find out how to insert a page break. I had to insist that she take down what I thought was a reasonable search function addition: editing, page break, insert, break or any other more intuitive search than ADDENDAMN!

I have stood up with measured approval for the system when the other program basher's have started in. BUT man you are losing it on this part of the biz. It is time to either play big cheerleader or kick some subordinate rearends.

Long rant but frankly very deserved.
Are you listening?

Whatcha going to DO about it :angry:

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
So, I almost forgot about having called them until I saw your post. It just made me realize we never got that package that they were going to put in the mail "right away". Guess they're due for another phone call.

I learn more about ACI updates on this forum than I do from the company. Luckily, I downloaded the VC sheets directly from HUD and can use them in Word format until ACI gets its act together. I too, have never received an update from them unless I contacted them. Great program, lousy service.

ARE YOU LISTENING? says the VERY irritated gal from Kansas

It aint just me, and Bruce, and TC, and ....

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Lee Ann,

I agree with you, but........

can I send you a Valium :D

Take the next 3 days off :beer: :beer:

TC

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Lee Ann,

I agree with you, but........

can I send you a Valium :D

Take the next 3 days off :beer: :beer:

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks