• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What Are Good Sources For Appraisal Jobs Working For The Government?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Can you please post any sources you are aware of working as an employee for the government? Or potential sources for appraisers who would like to work for the government as an employee or contractor? It would be greatly appreciated. Happy Valentine’s Day coming up!

I have the feeling that people don’t realize how fast the government is going to manage the appraisal profession. It will be relatively quick and they will need professionals as employees.

Last edited:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Go on line. BLM and others have job opportunities link

Salty

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Dept of Transportation.

Reactions: Eli

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Thank y’all so much. This will help appraisers learn about government job possibilities. Please add links if you can. I just want to help appraisers and public trust.

I have a friend (valentine) I am trying to help out.

Michael S

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
I applied for two real estate (technically real property) related jobs on USAJOBS.gov The first was with the Air Force on Kirtland Air Force Base and the second was with the Army Corps of Engineers. While neither was strictly an appraisal job, my appraisal experience was definitely very relevant in both cases. I came in second place on the first job and the second one got cancelled shortly after I applied, likely due to the government shutdown.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
indeed.com frequently has county appraiser jobs in my hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks