• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What are your clients more interested in?

Are your clients more interested in a truthful or target accurate appraisal?

• Truthful

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Target accurate

Votes: 47 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
This is a poll question. Please limit the response to federally regulated transaction appraisals going to Freddie, Fannie, FHA or any other GSE I fail to mention. This pertains to your clients as in past and/or present. Are they more concerned with an honest, truthful appraisal or are they more concerned with getting an appraisal that facilitates their business, target accurate? I'm predicating a future thread on the results of this poll. Yes, I know it's not scientific.

Last edited:

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
generic mortgage industry response v "your clients"......... the $$$ bullseye which is why their lobbyists demanded Congressional and State Legislative approval (tacitly granted by intentionally failing to prohibit under penalty of law) and were given the rights to provide estimates of value, contract prices, ltv ratios, and any and all advance info including prior appraisal, avhum, and/or BPO values along with an appraisal order and then demand reconsideration of value on completed appraisals (in the case of VA 48 hours PRIOR to delivering a completed report). Independent, Arms-length, and totally objective - yeah sure.

Last edited:

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I'm kind of surprised by the results of this poll. Lets have more votes please.

Tomasz

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
1. Value
2. Turnaround Time
3. Cost of the Appraisal

50. Professionalism

101. Thoroughness
102. Market Competency

289. Accuracy/USPAP Compliance - huh, what's this you speak of?

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
It is what it is. The mortgage work I do is all A paper with homeowners who have this thing called equity.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Ditto Mr. Mc,

I'd give him a point but he's a stinkin' Yankee fan. I hope Nady gets injured.

TC

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
Now come on TC, we are already struggling with Joba out and with Pudge who got whacked too, and Marte has done nothing by collapse in the Big City. We don't have one guy standing out this year, with the possible exception of Mussina, and Nady is the only bright spot. I know the rest of the country loves to hate the Yanks, but let's not kick the dog while its down.

As for my clients, aside from a broker here and there who calls on whim, every one I deal with is a straight shooter and I am really, really thankful and appreciative for the clients I have.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Ditto Mr. Mc,

I'd give him a point but he's a stinkin' Yankee fan. I hope Nady gets injured.

TC

Met fan punk. Now where is my point?

As for my clients, aside from a broker here and there who calls on whim, every one I deal with is a straight shooter and I am really, really thankful and appreciative for the clients I have

Ditto.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Hey, I hope it's the Yankees vs the Red Sox in the AL, just so I can root for Nady and Bay. That's how sad the Pirates are.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks