• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What goes around, comes around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

berniek

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Colorado
Impeached yes, convicted no. In America, everyone is entitled to a fair trial where the evidence is laid out and they are able to present a defense. That has not happened and I seriously doubt it will in this case.

what ever trump may or may have not done, he didn't expose the americans to possible extortion by sleeping with interns and chinese spies.
Is that why he loves Putin so much?

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
In 2024 Trump will be 78 years old and I seriously doubt he will have the backing within the Republican party to gain the nomination. He may go the way of a third party, but I don't believe he will be able to gain enough financial backing to run anything but a self-funded campaign. At 82 years old I doubt Joe Biden will be in a position to run for a second term and at least at this point Harris does not appear strong enough to claim the nomination without some competition. That may change, but I doubt it.

In my opinion whoever is looking to run for either party in 2024 needs to start soon. Nothing flashy just a low level effort working with the Representatives running in 2022, those running for the Senate in 2022 and the various Governor races. Build up your credibility within the respective party, get out and travel around the Country making speeches and setting up a grass roots network. Running for President is no longer a 6 to 18 month process.

Frankly, I believe Al Gore would have won the Presidential election in 2004 if he had done this. As far as 2000, people can say what they want about his losing Florida and whether the way things were handled were correct or not. The fact remains had Gore won his home state of Tennessee he would have been President regardless of the outcome in Florida. It is curious to me how the native son, former Senator, former Vice President and son of former Senator could lose his home state. Maybe they knew something we didn't.
One thing you are leaving out is Trump's reasons for forming or backing a third party will not be the traditional one of a candidate seriously trying for another Presidential term . Trump will do it out of spite, to get back at the RINO's , as he calls them, for not being sufficiently "loyal" . Revenge and sowing chaos is fun for him. And forming or backing a third party will also keep him in the spotlight and getting attention, more than if he was just rambling around playing golf and fighting criminal charges.

KHS445

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
The Supreme Court?
Last I knew these Judges were politically appointed. Nominated by the sitting President and confirmed by the Senate. Granted the majority might not reflect the sitting President's political party as will be the case for the next four years.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio

Utah activist claims he was just documenting US Capitol insurgence​

By: Jeff Tavss

Posted at 8:52 AM, Jan 09, 2021

and last updated 10:03 AM, Jan 09, 2021

WASHINGTON — A Utah resident who was among those who breached the US Capitol Wednesday says he was there solely to document the event.
John Sullivan, a civil rights activist, claims he attended the protest and broke into the Capitol along with Trump supporters only as a way to give a true view of what was occurring.
"I was there to record," said Sullivan in a video posted to Periscope Friday. "I was there to let people see that situation in the best possible way."
WARNING: Language in the following video may not be appropriate for some.

Sullivan is the founder of Insurgence USA, an activist group formed after the killing of George Floyd in the summer of 2020.
"We want to build local powers to enable the community to intervene in violence enacted by the state and government vigilantes. Our mission is the unification of our nation because a people united will never be divided." the group says on its website.

Sullivan told FOX News he attends protests across the country to record what's going on, but did not actively partake in the insurgence in Washington, although he admitted to climbing through a window to gain access to the Capitol.

at least we are getting closer to the truth :rof: :rof: :rof:

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Last I knew these Judges were politically appointed. Nominated by the sitting President and confirmed by the Senate. Granted the majority might not reflect the sitting President's political party as will be the case for the next four years.
Supreme court judges , even though politically appointed, have lifetime tenure thus free from worry about an unpopular ruling hurting their career. -

KHS445

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
One thing you are leaving out is Trump's reasons for forming or backing a third party will not be the traditional one of a candidate seriously trying for another Presidential term . Trump will do it out of spite, to get back at the RINO's , as he calls them, for not being sufficiently "loyal" . Revenge and sowing chaos is fun for him. And forming or backing a third party will also keep him in the spotlight and getting attention, more than if he was just rambling around playing golf and fighting criminal charges.
I think you under estimate the majority of the Republican Party. Based on the record turnout, I believe many of the votes cast in the last Presidential election were against the other candidates versus for their candidate. Frankly, I was a fairly strong supporter of Trump in the beginning and as the last four years wore on I became less of a supporter. Primarily due to his constant tweets, picking fights with people/groups that were irrelevant to fulfilling his agenda, etc. The last year I have basically looked at him as the lesser of the two evils from a policy standpoint. Biden is harmless and probably has held some position I could agree with, my concern is the left wing of his party and some of the positions they are pushing.

KHS445

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
Double Post

Last edited:

KHS445

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
Supreme court judges , even though politically appointed, have lifetime tenure thus free from worry about an unpopular ruling hurting their career. -
But we all must admit they are generally selected for their prior stated views and rulings. Very few change their particular view once they are appointed to the Supreme Court. Besides if this were done I could see the majority party eliminating the super majority vote requirements and also adding to the number of Justices on the Supreme Court.

It is amazing how nearly 250 years ago the framers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights could foresee potential problems and did their best to establish a still relevant working documents.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
But we all must admit they are generally selected for their prior stated views and rulings. Very few change their particular view once they are appointed to the Supreme Court. Besides if this were done I could see the majority party eliminating the super majority vote requirements and also adding to the number of Justices on the Supreme Court.

It is amazing how nearly 250 years ago the framers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights could foresee potential problems and did their best to establish a still relevant working documents.
George III is well known in children's history books for being the "mad king who lost America". In recent years, though, it has become fashionable among historians to put his "madness" down to the physical, genetic blood disorder called porphyria. Its symptoms include aches and pains, as well as blue urine.

Could be due to the Founding Father's experience with their living and breathing MAD MAN!!!!
Sans orange urine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks