• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

What Is The Best Appraisal Software Available, If Any, For Commercial, Farm And Ranch Appraisals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chila

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
My main work is commercial appraisal but I often have ranch land as well, is there an appraisal software program available that would help with comparable sales, report writing, etc...I've read about Narrative 1 and Datappraise and both seem to be mainly commercial focused, any thoughts on these 2 options or others?

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
AGware for ranches and farms.

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Use a narrative, the AGware has a lot of stuff I do not use and is not required for who I do appraisals for. It is set up more for more mixed areas and cattle ranches.
AcreVAlue by Granular is good for relative land value in many grain crop growing areas, but your own local database will be more precise.
Most Land Grant Universities: Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa etc have yearly land value reports to help on regional value and soil type productive potential support.
I stay up to date on local tillable land sales and non-tillable land sales. Lots under 10 acres can be found in the local MLS, but not much for farm/ranch land in this area.
Splits and mergers of parcels or parts of parcels can make finding the actual $/acre of a single tract difficult.

A little rework of what you use on commercial work is the place to start. I have looked at several narrative report writing programs, but never found one that would really excite me. If someone for free would put all the data I have into a narrative appraisal writing program I would be more interested.

LibreOffice Writer and LibreOffice Calc do not have required renewal fees and work just fine.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
A little rework of what you use on commercial work is the place to start. I have looked at several narrative report writing programs, but never found one that would really excite me. If someone for free would put all the data I have into a narrative appraisal writing program I would be more interested.
Agree and I developed my own templates in Word Perfect since its table feature will do stat and complex math functions Take a course in Excel and word processing at local votech, private biz trainer or college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks