• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What Is The Heck Style Is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiana Jones

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
GetMediaCAV298A4_zpsthqyrzxx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
GetMedia.ashx
GetMedia.ashx

Living area is all above the oversized garage. Dumbest design I've ever seen.

Last edited:

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
GetMedia.ashx
GetMedia.ashx

Living area is all above the oversized garage. Dumbest design I've ever seen.
Ugly.

But I have seen appraisals of other properties that are very similar to that in rural areas, especially Texas.

BRCJR

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
That is usually the detached garage in my market.....

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
"Carriage house". Lot of them around here. Typically people build one to live in while building a proper house....and then never build it. Got 3 or 4 in MLS right now.

graindart

Professional Status
State
Montana
That's actually my dream office setup. Leave the house each morning to go to work by walking 100 feet to my office. Work upstairs if I've got appraisals to write. Spend the rest of the time downstairs working on cars / motorcycles / dirt bikes. At the end of the work day, walk 100 feet back to the house where dinner is ready and waiting for me every night........

Enough dreaming, back to work on the HUD pre-foreclosure driveby from hell. County is 2500 square miles with population of 2000 people, 900 of which live in the only town in the county with a population over 50.

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
not much different than these things - and they're in fancy Fountain Hills. Some of the units do have 1st floor living ares behind the garage but others have all living area on the 2nd floor.
100_7058.JPG

Michael S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
not much different than these things - and they're in fancy Fountain Hills. Some of the units do have 1st floor living ares behind the garage but others have all living area on the 2nd floor.
View attachment 31415
Is that six garage spaces? Either they have too many cars or too much junk (or both) since there's still a car parked in the driveway.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
upload_2017-3-3_16-50-2.png

2,400 sf, 5-car carriage house, waiting design and construction of "main" house, which will probably be in the 12,000-15,000 sf range.

Edit - not my property, BTW.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
See that style around here for student housing near the colleges. Pack 'em into as small a footprint as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks