• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What is your plans for New Years Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Our plans depending on the weather are:

Heading to our church for an evening of fun and games with along with finger food, undoctored egg nog and other beverages.

If the weather is bad, as they are forecasting snow starting at noon today and ending tomorrow and then again on monday. Todays storm has been posted as a witner storm watch. I am sure Lee Ann and the Bear are sending it our way.

Anyway if we are staying home New Years Eve, it will be the same ole no doubt. Good warm fire in the Stove, some home made egg nog that has been doctored, some conversation about the up coming new year, some nice back ground music(maybe big bands from the 30's and 40's) Maybe read a few chapters in the books we are reading. Devotions, then to bed by 10:30 or 11 p.m. We will start the New Years as always, getting up and out to feed the critters before first light.

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I've been playing sax in a band and we are playing a Red Cross benefit show at the Hilton. It costs about $190/couple to get in which includes food and music.

I think it'll be fun.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
New Years Eve = Amateur night.

I'm staying off the roads and reading a good book.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I'll be on call to Transport those Amatures, to their new home for anywhere from 1 to 90 Days.

Ward Dresser

Professional Status
State
California
Fondue, movie or two, warm fire at home! :beer:

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Asleep by 10pm, good book before that. :new_sleeping:

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Uh... Ms. Bear :unsure: - Did I forget to mention the little fireworks habit we purely ignore during fire season :sad:

and enjoy to the fullest (particularly over fresh snow) each New Years?

I think I did!:rof:

Don't plan on sleeping

There will be plenty of bangs 'n booms and sparkles around here on New Year's Eve!
:new_bigcrowd: It's real pretty over snow and ice!

icisic7

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I'm going to Lee Ann's for New Year's Eve! That sure sounds like fun. :laugh:

Seriously, we always stay home. Don't like the risk of the roads with people who don't drink responsibly (and don't use a designated driver). Hubby really tries to stay awake until midnight, LOL.

We'll probably be in bed by 10:00 (asleep by 11:00woohoo). We see the New Year in right. :icon_mrgreen:

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Tom is right.

New Year's Eve is THE ultimate rookies night. One of my KOOK (Keepers of Odd Knowledge) friends says that, on any given weekend night, after 10:00, 1 of every 3 drivers on the road is legally impaired. I would guess that, on NYE, it's more than that. Stay home, or go somewhere early and spend the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks