• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

What os do you use on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debra

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
What os do you use on your computer???

Deadbusiness

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Xp

I actually paid a little extra back when they had a few XP machines left while they were selling vista and do not regret the decision. I have a desktop with vista which is a $700 solitaire machine (the USB port does charge the Ipod from time to time).m2:.

Debra

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
OSU, I don't know what all the os are?...Please feel free to make me a poll - that would be great!!!

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Since MS seems to dominate the world of personal computing, and all our software is written with Windows / dos in mind (Windows is nothing but dressed up dos), it would seem counterproductive to consider any operating system other than XP. A case in point is, my son is a bit of a nerd and keeps trying to use OS10 (Apple) on his machine. He is constantly dissapointed because he cant do a lot of things on OS10 that he can in XP. He has finally learned that indeed, the world runs on Windows. If you have minimal needs, an alternative OS might be OK, but if you have to deal with the rest of the world, using software that 95% of us use, you probably need to be on the same plan.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
:new_bluegrab:xp ......till they rip it from my dead lifeless fingers.......

Laughing Heir

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Google will transform our perceptions of the PC in short time.

Open source operating systems, like Linux, are the future of OS. Google is leading the way with this development. In a couple of years don't be surprised when everything goes web-based and the computer is more of a 'portal' to access all of your software, pictures, etc. that are stored online.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
I bought a new laptop yesterday and the only OS avaliable in brand name computers in big box stores was Vista. I now have two computers with the hated, slow stupid Vista OS.
Did I mention that I hate Vista?

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I bought a new laptop yesterday and the only OS avaliable in brand name computers in big box stores was Vista. I now have two computers with the hated, slow stupid Vista OS.
Did I mention that I hate Vista?

Vista, ME for those with short memories.:rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks