• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What shoes do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony O\'Regan

Freshman Member
I'd like to know what kind of shoes you all wear when inspecting homes. With all the weeds, wet grass, doggy messes 8O , trashy homes, etc... not just any ole' shoe will work. As for me I wear a light weight leather sport/boot. It's water resistant, and tough enough for all the wear and tear. What about you?? :D

Tony

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
"Red Wing" steel toe lace-up boots. The mark of a real working red-neck! :lol:

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Steel toe slip on boots (Lehigh or Blundstone) or zippered jump boots. Easy on easy off is the name of the game just in case i step in something I do not want to drag into the house.

J. Parker Graham

Freshman Member
Mr. Tony,

From the slate foyer, to the kitchen vinyl, to the living room hardwood, to the bath ceramic. and to the bedroom plush - it's the golf shoe, for me. I prefer a good Ted Anthony or a custom made Jack Russel, or in a pinch even a Jack Nicholas will do. Arnold Palmers just don't have enough grip.

Living Large in Detroit

4-1-2002

J. Parker Graham

Jim Bartley

Professional Status
State
Virginia
I found a brand named "Rocky" at the local sporting goods store. They're light, waterfproof and have Gortex insulation. Best shoe I have ever owned. Look like Rockports. The pair I have now is 3 years old and still look good.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Good weather, little snow, summertime, etc I use a pair of Dexter walking shoes or similar low cuts.

Winter time, cold, frozen ground or with lots of snow, ice etc, I use my Kangaroo Hunting boots.

I actually did a Cert of Completion a couple of years ago wearing my waders and wading boots. The new construction was on the way to an evening of fly-fishing and since I put my fishing togs on at home, that's how I did the final inspection on that house.

jtrotta

JP Graham; never thought of those 8O

we use sneakers in summer; fall; and ankle high boot in winter; spring :D

8)

Dan Leggett

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Mississippi
Justin Mule Skins on dry days. I keep my Cabella's pull-ons (with side zipper, rubber bottoms, and leather uppers) in the rear hatch for wet days, construction inspections, etc.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Rockport walking shoes all year long except on really cold snowy days (about 10 days a year) when I change to warm hiking boots.

Daniel Williams

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
Tony,

Whatever matches my ensamble of course!.....

and that would typicaly be Rockport basic walkers (brown) or sneakers.

If I could I'd wear my brickenstocks 24/7...w/socks in the winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks