• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What time for your appts?

Fernando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Must be bad luck today around 1 PM. Subject as well as many of my comps had sun behind them making it difficult to take clear photos.
And when I took those comps in the shade, they look so dreary.
I must be getting old. Seems like two appraisals a day is enough for me. It was so tiring after completing them all in 3 hours. And they were in same town.

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
the winter sun is a big factor in no late day appraisals, although you get it early in the morning to.

timindp

Professional Status
State
California
I typically do appointment from 9am-12noon. Hit the gym after my appts and begin typing in the afternoon, take a nap in between and type till about dinner time. And do it all over again the next day. Hard to stay motivated.

Reactions: DTB

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I prefer to schedule my appointments between 10am and 2pm Tuesday thru Friday. I find these to be the best hours for a couple of reasons. First, people are at work and kids are in school and traffic is usually less. Secondly, sun angles are better for photos. Why not Monday? I am now working 4 days a week. I can be somewhat flexible for refinance assignments where the home owner has to work. That means I might do an inspection earlier, later, and even on Saturday but I draw the line when it comes to Sundays. I also like to write my reports early in the mornings since I tend to wake up about 5am.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks