• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What was the final outcome of Appraisal Port's agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy Steve

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Idaho
I've reviewed past threads, but can't find out what the current status of Appraisalport's "hold harmless" agreement is? I've read the current online agreement and there is a healthy (unhealthy) indemnification paragraph. "Subscriber shall indemnify AP and it's suppliers, defend, and hold them harmless from and with respect to any liability, damages......"

Did they forge a head with the proposed "hold harmless" terminology in the current online agreement? Or is this the wording from the previous agreement.

A new lending client requires the use of Appraisalport, so any constructive input would be appreciated. And please, keep the personal flaming to a minimum. Declining work from a new lender that uses AP is not a luxury that I can afford in the current environment.

Cowboy Steve

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Idaho
Thanks Tom for the link. This sure puts one in a pickle. Sign, or starve.

Cowboy Steve

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Idaho
Come on folks! Surely there are other appraisers out there who are using clients requiring Appraisalport. How did you guys/gals navigate through this issue? As a newer appraiser this forum is my trusted life line. Any further insight would be appreciated.

yr2525

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Kentucky
It was my understanding that AppraisalPort decided not to implement the new user agreement at the last minute because so many appraiser's refused to sign as well as communicated that they would not to their AppraisalPort clients. So the current agreement is the old one that we all agreed to in the first place. However, it was also indicated that AppraisalPort was studying the issue and would still attempt to implement a new agreement at a later date. Perhaps when the hoopla dies down and no one is looking! Like about now, when everyone is paying attention to the economy, putting food on the table anyway they can or the election and not them! However, I haven't heard that they are doing anything yet. Anyone no something more?

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
It was my understanding that AppraisalPort decided not to implement the new user agreement at the last minute because so many appraiser's refused to sign as well as communicated that they would not to their AppraisalPort clients. So the current agreement is the old one that we all agreed to in the first place. However, it was also indicated that AppraisalPort was studying the issue and would still attempt to implement a new agreement at a later date. Perhaps when the hoopla dies down and no one is looking! Like about now, when everyone is paying attention to the economy, putting food on the table anyway they can or the election and not them! However, I haven't heard that they are doing anything yet. Anyone no something more?

I think you are correct, they did(or said they were) putting off implementation of the new agreement for all users. All current users would continue to operate under the old agreement, however it was my reading of it that any new signees would still be required to sign the new agreement.

Offshore

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
It was my understanding that AppraisalPort decided not to implement the new user agreement at the last minute because so many appraiser's refused to sign as well as communicated that they would not to their AppraisalPort clients. So the current agreement is the old one that we all agreed to in the first place.
That was my understanding too. What was alarming was why it was so critical for us to sign a document that they stated was identical to the previous one. :icon_idea:

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota

Proof that one doesn't have to agree or starve. Apparently enough balked at the proposal that it forced (perhaps temporarily) change.

EVAUSA

Professional Status
State
California
I've been using Appraisal Port since 2004 and didn't sign anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks