• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What we can do about the mortgage mess NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug in NC

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Call or write your US representatives and tell them you want CEOs held accountable for the actions that have brought our country to its present state. Those people are still benefiting today, even after all we've suffered. Ask your representatives to go after the people responsible, and demand that we attempt to get some of the wealth back that they stole from America.

I would like to also see US representatives held responsible for their actions/inactions and poor leadership too. Hopefully, delving into the private sector activities will expose the self-serving so-called "representatives" who have protected and promoted the activities that have created our financial crisis. Maybe we won't be able to put some of the crooks in Washington in jail, but the least we can do is to expose these scumbags so that public pressure can force them out of office. They don't belong there!

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
How about we form a group. lets see, we'll call it Apprasisal Forum ADDICTS. Enphazise ADDICTS cause then we'd be eligiable for entitlements.

We ALL get together & have a week long "Business Meeting" (tax deductable) In Washington DC. Say around the new president swear in day. (Regardless of party) So we have a few signs & pamplets & books of facts. & every news person & every supposedly representive of the pepole we can get too, we ask them the "TUFF" questions such as ___________________.

Then we have a second "Business meeting" week of July 4th & invite EVERY person that works in America to attend.

Lets shut down America for one week & see IF they start understanding who is paying the tab. Can't think of a better week than July 4th. How many representive do you think have no idea what July 4th is?? I'm beginning to think many more than any of us want to believe.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
I was gonna say buy some beans and ammo.

Tucson Appraisals

Professional Status
State
Arizona
I think it all has been demanded, the key is bugging them enough with our letters to make THEM feel pressured for once.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
http://afroamhistory.about.com/od/marchonwashington/a/marchonwash1963.htm

The Monumental March on Washington

At eight o'clock on the morning of August 28, with only fifty people on the monument grounds, it appeared that the event would be smaller than anticipated. However, by ten o'clock there was a huge crowd of people. By the end of the day, 250,000 people had gathered. Participants included blacks, whites, actors, and about three hundred Congressional representatives.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/protestphotos.html?q=protestphotos.html

SmilingDog

Professional Status
State
California
The Govt. through the Attorney General's office and even the FBI should investigate the major lenders first and then the mortgage brokers that did bad deals to good people.

As I see it, it's not the poor citizen's fault that their losing their homes because they can't pay it, it the loan officers (the lending institutions) that misled these people into thinking they could afford it either my misrepresentation, lies, fraud, etc. These same LO's and institutions should also be investigated to find how much pressure and coercion they placed on the appraisers.

Then the LO's and execs at the institutions (from AE's all the way up to CEO's) should be handed stiff sentences of heavy fines and imprisonment and BARRED for LIFE from ever working in the mortgage or lending industry.

That is justice.

The Govt. has the power to do this. The people want it.

I WANT BLOOD!!!

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Rrebera

Professional Status
State
Ohio
they are all in the same bed-crooks, thieves, and scum bags.....the people that control the money control the game.....look at what just got passed and the banks and other scum bags will be skipping through the parade while millions of homeowners and investors throughout the world get scr__ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks