• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What's the highest rate of depreciation you've documented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metamorphic

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I just did an old, low-end, neighborhood in a notably high crime (at least for Sacramento) part of town. I got -6%/month. I rechecked it a couple times, with different sets of properties, and then re-down loaded a bunch more data from the MLS and did it over again and got basically the same results. Crazy.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I think my SEP-IRA is going down faster than that, not sure, I stopped checking it this week.

Back to your question regarding real estate values, the largest quarterly I have seen is -20% for one particular quarter which is similar to your 6%/month.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
We saw 10% jumps in 1 month, usually stair steps down in the "big" picture. Very difficult to vet in smaller towns as the few sales are simply too little data to rely upon.

Metamorphic

Professional Status
State
California
Mine was averaged over 8 months and 101 sales of similar size/age properties within about a 1/2 mile of the subject.

Betty H Church

Professional Status
State
Nevada
Researched sales today for an upcoming appraisal and came up with 46% decline in past six months.

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Although I have gathered from the discussion that the OP is referring to an adjustment for time/market conditions, I just can’t resist and therefore my answer to the question as asked is 100%.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
There are sales around here for $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks