• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

When Did 8.5 Come Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Bird

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Doesn't ACI usually send updates in the mail? If so. I have not received 8.5 yet, is it out?

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Amanda...

rumors abound.

been told it HAS shipped to some folk and rollout is continueing... but I don't know anyone who has it in their hands.

don't hold your breath.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Amanda:

I have been using V8.5 since April of this year. The installation instruction sheet that came with the CD has a 2/26/03 date on it. The case the CD came in has a 4/03/03 date on the paper label that is part of the case.

Give ACI a call and inquire regarding your situation.

Amanda Bird

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Well, I phoned ACI and was told that it had already been shipped out and they would certainly put a copy in the mail for our office. They said they had no idea how we could have been missed. This is funny since we have had to call them for every update our office has ever heard about.

Pine Tree

Professional Status
State
Maine
I had to jump up and down to get 8.5 as well..
Now there are new VC sheets and there's ACI bringing up the rear again! And with such a loyal client base..

Really.. I'd change in a minute if someone else would make the decision about who, how, and when to do the conversion and all I had to do was go back to writing reports with no learning curve.. I guess I'm not loyal, I'm a captive!

What are we paying the yearly subscription for if we have to discover the existance of an upgrade, patch, what have you, and then nag them unit it shows up..then find out what patches the patch requires.. Love to hate them! :eyecrazy:
Wendy

Amanda Bird

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
So, I almost forgot about having called them until I saw your post. It just made me realize we never got that package that they were going to put in the mail "right away". Guess they're due for another phone call. :angry:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I learn more about ACI updates on this forum than I do from the company. Luckily, I downloaded the VC sheets directly from HUD and can use them in Word format until ACI gets its act together. I too, have never received an update from them unless I contacted them. Great program, lousy service.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks