• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Where are appraisers that have a functional spine?

What will it take to make to fight for your job?!?!?!!!!

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California

Pam-

Your rhetorical question with its implication (those who are not visibly with the fighters must be against them or spineless) is without merit.

In my not at all humble opinion. :new_smile-l:

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina

Some of us support you with contributions and encouragement. That's about all we can do other than reporting to your www.MortgageFraudWatchList.org site for the problems we find such as suspicious comp check orders and other problems.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I sincerely thank every one of you that are standing up for what is right.

I charge any appraiser reading this that has had problems with WaMu, eAppraiseIT, or LSI to contact Steve Danz at 818-783-7300 and tell him all about it!!!!!

I charge any appraiser that receives a fax or email asking you for anything that is not right for you to do, including the comp check wanted before they will order a Fannie form report and pay you to take a few minutes every day or every week to report it at www.MortgageFraudWatchList.org.

I charge every appraiser that finds what appears to be a fraudulent sale while you are researching for comps to report it at www.MortgageFraudWatchList.org.

I charge every appraiser that has or does work for any AMC to contact some of the homeowner borrowers and ask for a copy of the appraisal report they were sent by their lender and compare it to what you sent to the AMC!!!!! If you find ANYTHING that is different than what you sent, contact me right away!!!!!

I charge every appraiser to do SOMETHING each and every working day that will help all appraisers!!!!! Then, please come here and tell us what you did.

David Wimpelberg

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York

If you would like a little Asian philosophical interjection, there is a saying that there are 84,000 paths that lead to Buddha. In other words, all paths lead to the same place.

It would be incorrect to assume that because others chose not to take your path means they are not going to the same place.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
OK, you are correct and my first post was an exageration. There are so many here that do stand up for themselves. Sometimes I get pretty tired feeling like I'm alone. I get so very many that tell me so many horror stories and have all the data and evidence to really nail some very bad perpetrators of frauds, but are too afraid to have their name associated with it.

I get so disappointed in appraisers that accept such low fees and unreasonable turn times just because they are afraid of losing what is a very bad client anyway.

Sometimes, the burden I've allowed to be placed on me, that I have placed on myself, is hard to bear.

What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. I just so firmly believe that that doing nothing to stop what's wrong is so wrong. Sometimes, I want to get behind other appraisers with a cattle prod.

Most of all, I really hate knowing how many good, caring, honest, competent residential appraisers who's main livlihood for many years has been residential lending appraising that are going broke!!!!! There is no where near enough residential appraising jobs outside of lending for them all.

Last edited:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Since I don't do any work for the 3 companies you mentioned, it doesn't bother me. Since I only do work for lenders that don't pressure, it doesn't bother me.

The people that hit the number are not on this board.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks