• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Where to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Schuck

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I did an appraisal report a company that I have a 3 year relationship with. They are refusing to pay because value is lowerer than they expected. They told me to re-do the report and hit there value if I want to get paid. Where can I go with this? Who can I report this to? I know, COD!!! Your help is greatly appreciated.

bfriendly

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Georgia
OH GOODIE! PLEASE tell me you have this in some form of print(E-mail), rather than just a phone conversation!
If you have an e-mail, I would forward it to Pamela Crowley and the MFWL!
Screw the 3 years and loyalty.........sounds like they are ready to say SCREW YOU!:new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Joe Milla

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
yeah. send it to pam

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
Take them to small claims court and ask for payment in accordance wiht your agreement .. let them tell the judge why they arent paying you. I would write them a letter and give them 10 days to respond ... then Id file suit and have the loan officer, the processor and the owner of the company served .. separately. That will get their attention.

Peacemaker

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I would definitely sent that to Pam.

Also http://www.azdfi.gov/ There is a complaint form right on their website. Fill it out and send it in, and send a copy to the lender. You'll have a check before you know it.

Steve Schuck

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
How do I get a hold of Pam?

Steve Schuck

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
The client is in Seattle. Can I still take them to small claims?

Webbed Feet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Canada
I did an appraisal report a company that I have a 3 year relationship with. They are refusing to pay because value is lowerer than they expected. They told me to re-do the report and hit there value if I want to get paid. Where can I go with this? Who can I report this to? I know, COD!!! Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mr. Schuck,

The first thing I do is calmly triple check my work to make sure it is clear of any dumb oversights on my part. We all make them at times. I do this because I am about to declare war and I want to be sure I am teflon first.

At times I've had a loan officer employee pulling this, but the actual managment of the company was not aware of it. If you have not, take this up the company chain first. Second step is a documented demand letter sent certified mail with a signature required. Third step is a copy of that letter to the State banking and securities regulators and a filed complaint. Fourth step is small claims court. I've never had to reach the fourth step. The Oregon appraisal board and Oregon banking and securities people know each other... ;) The later doesn't like this little game being played by mortgage companies.

Webbed.

Webbed Feet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Canada
The client is in Seattle. Can I still take them to small claims?

Yep.... PM me who they are... By the way, don't delay on this. When a company has always been a "good pay" and turns into bad...it is a very strong sign they are in financial trouble. Unfortunately, it is also a sign they have found Skippy and want all their appraisers to be just like Skippy! This is a deeper problem than we all acknowledge. We continue to allow Skippy to damage all of us.

Webbed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks