• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Which century are we in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Got this email, they are apparently out of Palm Beach, and they 'pickup' reports:

My company scans appraisal files. We pickup, prep, scan, and store the appraisals online where you can access them from your computer. Our cost is $5 (1-50 pgs), $15 (51-500 pgs), and $25 (501-1,000 pgs) per residential / commercial appraisal document. The price per file includes everything and no contract is required.

Let me know if you would like to see a brief online demo of our scanning service.

Have a good day.

<mod edit>
Sorry, no personal contact info without permission
</mod edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Oh gee! Where do I sign up. I'd like to pay to violate confidentiality and have the person I pay collect my data. D-oh!

Lost Cause

Professional Status
State
New York
Several of us here at the bank got it, too.

The only good thing about it was the clever company name.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
:shrug: Uh, lessee, I do the appraisal on the computer, print to pdf on the computer, print to paper, pay them to pick up the paper, take it to their office, scan it and make it available in electronic form for me. What's wrong with this picture? :shrug:

Lloyd Bonafide

Professional Status
State
California
Let's party like it's 1999!! :new_multi:

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
This isn't something I'm interested in, but I could see the use for someone who has years worth of old files that he/she doesn't want to destroy but also doesn't want to store anymore. Of course, I would have confidentiality concerns which might make it not OK, but it sounds cheaper spending the time myself. :shrug:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Everyone wants part of that large appraisal fee, we collect.

Heck, everyone wants something, look at the cloning of the avatars. I use to know what posting I made. Now I got to read every posting to see if its mine or not.

I think I will change mine to the one like the ones that hang in the "Round Up" out on Benson Highway in Tucson. It was the south end of a north bound horse with teeth in it under the tail. Anyone got a picture of that pair that use to hand in the "Round Up" These had been live horse.

William K

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Let's party like it's 1999!! :new_multi:

More like 1989....... hey if your interested I can go take your pictures with this neat Polaroid camera and paste them into your reports, and I can also rub these arrows onto your maps to show where your comps and subject are too:new_multi:
But it'll cost more if want me to put the list of your appraisals in my Comadore Computer!

Bama Bayou

Professional Status
State
Alabama
I would sign up right now but I just spent all my cash on an inkjet printer to replace my dot matrix.

Now if someone would just invent a fax that used plain paper, now I would pay for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks