• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Which Is The Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Bodtcher

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Utah
I have tried ACI, WinTotal, and appraisers toolbox. Which is the best software to have, rating it by price, difficulty to use, and bonus features included with the package. If there is a different company that has a better software company, which one is there.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
DAVID,

Which do you like best?

That is the best one.

Thankfully yours, ed

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Whichever one you are using should be the correct response and all that matters.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Everyone hit is right on the head. What ever you like.

I would add to try Day1. I use it and for the money I like it. Their new NOVA is miles ahead of the previous version. The others are just to high and most have features I will never use so why pay for it??

DayOnes's tech support is really lacking but I have not needed it to speak of. I am pretty computer literate. I had one problem when I first installed it. It came with 90 days for free support and I have not bothered to buy any support after that.

Regardless what you buy just make sure you will use what you buying. Don't pay for extras you will never use.

Lisa Strutz

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Have any of you tried appraisal partner? It is the program that my mentor uses so I am comfortable with it but I am wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it. I am looking to purchase software in the near future so any input would be appreciated!

Lisa

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
When I switched from DOS to Windows I kept Day One. Didn't like and switched to ACI. Never had a problem, never have called tech service. Knock on wood. Try all the demos you can, then pick the one that fits your needs. Price should not be a factor, its your business, don't go cheap.

TC

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Originally posted by TC@Apr 19 2003, 07:56 AM
Price should not be a factor, its your business, don't go cheap.
By the same token, just because it is expensive doesn't mean it is the right one either. like everyone else has said....test drive them all and decide which not only does the job the way you like it, but fits your budget.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
It's like buying a car....find one you like and go for it. My personal choice is Alamode Wintotal 2000 Athena version. Gotta be a reason it out sells all of the others combined!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks