• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Which school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris4224

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Mississippi
I currently do home inspections and have d BS degree. I want to add appraisals to my business.

Can someone recommend a school. Should I do it nline or in a class to get my coursework.

Also, which license should I try to get. general, residential or commercial?
Thanks

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I currently do home inspections and have d BS degree. I want to add appraisals to my business.

Can someone recommend a school. Should I do it nline or in a class to get my coursework.

Also, which license should I try to get. general, residential or commercial?
Thanks

Be certain that you have a willing Supervisor Appraiser before investing any $$ in education.

Obsolescent

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Minnesota
Chris.

Lee is correct. In order to get a license you'll need a trainee's license first which requires you to work directly with at least a certified appraiser for an extended period. Check with your state for Mississippi's rules. In Illinois its something liek 2400 hours in no less than 25 months. So before you shell out a bunch of money for classes, I would also recommend you find someone willing to train you. Also, you won't get paid much, if at all, during training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks