• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Who Opened The Gates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
WOW! :D I'm busier than ( fill in the blank )

Haven't had time to even visit here lately. Are you all busier than usual? Not bragging, or complaining, but they've been coming in here at the rate of 6 a day for the last week or more. What's going on with you?

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Charlotte:
Same here... and the due dates are all YESTERDAY! :lol: :( :lol:

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
Charlotte:

Probably as busy as its ever been in the Reno/Sparks area. I get weary from time to time but then I remember the slow times and get back to work.

The storm before the calm ? Market looks like it's ready to crash and burn
and all this activity is the last hurrah ? They are coming out of the woodwork here, and they all seem anxious about the contract prices - both buyers and sellers believe homes are over-priced.

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Joe ! .....what's this ?.....Sellers think the houses are over-priced ? That violates all the logic and tactics of the energy behind home selling ! The only time a seller admits to over-pricing is when......no, no, I know what it is. The seller only thinks that their NEXT house is over-priced ! There, now we have put a handle on this scenario.

jtrotta

Everybody must be back from holiday - and what was left on the desk when they left is now URGENT - :lol:

8)

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Up until last Friday I had been so slow I was considering getting a part-time job....now I'm trying to remember how I managed to juggle 15 files all at once without losing my mind.
NO doubt about it....I'll work around the clock as long as it keeps coming (fingers crossed). :D :D
Had to meet an LO early this morning to deliver a RUSH appraisal. Realized that I'd flown out of the house and had forgotten to change out of my bedroom slippers! :oops: Thank goodness I didn't have to get out of my truck, I passed him the paperwork through my window. :lol:

Joe,
Not sure what all of this activity means....but your 'last hurrah' theory would be my best guess. Let's hope we're wrong.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Strong month here too! Lots of strange stuff including a $450,000 log home, two relos, and a request for a letter concerning sod. How strange. If the pace continues, will be a record month!

Still want your opinion on VA requiring an 8 day turn around and then sending 4 assignments in the same day...all due back on the same day too!

B

Bemis Pownall

Dee Dee
careful what you wish for
'I said that a year and a half ago and well, it hasnt let up.
PS did you get a color laser yet? You can have my HP laser if you want, jus have to come get it...and haul it out of the basement..
All it needs is someone patient and new drivers. I have no patience. Plus end of the year expense last Dec. so picked up a new minolta.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Hi Bemis,
Considering how slow it's been lately I'll be a happy lady when I have to start turning away work because I'm too busy. :)
I'm a very patient person, but when it comes to anything related to computers I morph into psycho woman at the slightest glitch. Thanks, but I'll pass on the printer offer. :wink: :lol:
Still haven't picked up a new color laser printer yet....kinda wanted to wait until work picked up again before I dumped that much money. :roll:

Dee Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks