• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Who reviews the reviewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Reviewed on farm appraisal. Reviewer calls. Why did you set the RCN of this poultry barn at $8.07 and last week when I reviewed your previous report, the barns there were $12.15?

Duh? The first barn was a broiler house. It has a dirt floor. It has cross ventilation fans. Barn 2 is a hen house. It has slats and nests, automatic equipment to gather the eggs, a cooler room, tunnel ventilation and cool cells, and concrete floors.....

Scary. These folks don't know one end of a chicken from the other. And the ld phone call was on my nickel.

Ken in Arkansas

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Had one several years ago that started with a phone call from a staff reviewer from a large Louisiana-based mortgage that no longer exists. The subject property was a large home in an area of smaller homes. Did extensive research and selected homes from a comparable neighborhood, and made the indicated adjustments. No way could I have supported my actions in the few lines provided for in the 1004, so I added a four paragraph addendum page that addressed everything. The reviewer had numerous questions concerning my reasons for my actions, and at first I thought that I had given her too much information supporting my adjustments and comparable selection. Only after ten minutes of conversation did I realize that she was asking questions that were answered directly in the Addendum. When I pointed that out to her I asked if she had even read the Addendum? Her answer: "No I am only trained to review the appraisal form, I don't have to read addendums!"

DUH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks