• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Who Works In Austin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alison Swain

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
What's the current situation there? I thought Austin housing was doing really well but now I'm hearing rumblings that it's starting to have the same problems we're experiencing.

How about a head count of all Austin appraisers? Thanks.

Cob

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Real Estate values have been increasing in the Austin area at about 2% to 3% over the past 3 to 4 years. Houses are staying on the market a little longer than in the past year or two, but that's because of lenders think that our market is like the rest of the country, it's not.

As far as work goes, everyone I know is just scraping by, property values have been good and haven't dropped, but lenders are not giving out loans like they used to so we're hurting just like everyone else. I would suggest that you go to the Teas A&M real estate website if you are interested in the real estate markets in the entire state, none of the SMSA's are doing bad, as far as Austin starting to have the same problems as Fla., I would have to say at this point it's not even close.

http://recenter.tamu.edu/mreports/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks