• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Who's on my route - looking for places to park my bus overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Looks like I'll be leaving tomorrow. Although the weather looks like it's going to clear later this week, I think I'm still going to go on HWY 10 to Texas then north on 35 to Topeka. I'm looking for places along the way where I can park my bus in someone's driveway for the night. I'm all set up to sleep inside.

My first stop will be somewhere between Bakersfield and L.A. Then off to Phoenix area (Karl, are you there?)Then, depending on weather, stay on 10 or go up to Flagstaff and take 40 east.

I'm not sure how far I'll make it each day, but will continue posting. It would be fun to finally meet some of the appraisers I've been talking too all this time. :)

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
If you stay on I-10 I am 25 miles north of it and you would be welcome to park your bus (how big is it) in my back yard on the El Paso pipeline. Our daughter and her family park their huge RV there when they come to visit. Just head north on Highway 191 at the off ramp about eleven miles east of Willcox, AZ. If you take I-10 to Deming, NM then head northeast on NM Highway 26, you will pick up I-25 in Hatch, NM. Although from Safford you could take Highway 70, go past Sandra Day O'Connor's home place east of Duncan to I-10 at Lordsburg, then east on I-10 to Deming. Then north on I-25 to Albuquerque and I-40 or midway between Albuquerque and Socorro is Highway 60 which goes northeast to I-40 at Santa Rosa. Depends on whether you prefer freeway driving to state highways. This way you will be going around the south end of the Continental Divide and avoid the big city traffic. Then l-40 Santa Rosa to Tucumcari, NM and pick up Highway 54 through Dalhart, TX, OK, Kansas until you get to Wichita, then I-35 to Topeka. Since you are driving the bus I won't suggest my route from Safford to Socorro that I follow when I am headed to southeastern Nebraska--beautiful scenery but through the mountains with some curving roads that would be kinda scary in a big RV. Going through Phoenix (big city traffic that sometimes moves at the amazing speed of five miles per hour) then climbing six thousand feet between Phoenix and Flagstaff. I-17 over the mountains and then down to Verde Valley and then up to Flagstaff is a beautiful drive in a car--but and RV might be a different story. The southern route is more level through Arizona and western New Mexico.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Stay on I-40, Wilmington is lovely this time of year.:laugh:

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Or if you don't want to make the 25 mile side trip to Safford, my daughter lives on an acre out in the country about five miles north of Willcox. I am sure she wouldn't mind if you parked an RV overnight--and I will drive down to Willcox to take you out to supper (after all you are headed for the midwest so that is what you will be eating back there). Dinner is at noon by the way in the midwest.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
Since it's already the time of year that the Canyon is closed, would think staying out of high elevations (Flag) a good idea.
Stay on 10 ??

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Jo Ann - I'd love to meet up with you. I wouldn't call my bus an RV, it's a '77 VW camper van. Doesn't take up much space. :) How far are you from Karl? I want to meet him along the way as well.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
He is in the Casa Grande area, about 200 miles from me, and near the junction of I-10 and I-8. You could have dinner (noonish) or coffee (4 PM) with him and supper with me. A VW van would fit under our mulberry tree and we have a guest room now that the granddaughter has moved out. And the house will be clean for a change since the housekeepers are coming tomorrow!

Otis Key

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
We're expecting snow tonight from I25 north - and then in the SE area (Ruidoso area) - so if you want some white knuckle aspects with pie pan eyes for hundreds of miles you could try I40 - I know that OK just got hammered with ice last night - I talked with GP & Annemieke this morning and the power was out and the roads were covered in ice. This should move on east in a couple of days. Temps at night here at freezing and then back up to low 50's in the daytime.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
If you need a traveling break on the northeast side of Atlanta, there is plenty of parking room at our lil' piece of dirt. Even have a 220V plug in.

ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks