• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Why Do You Need A Copy Of My License?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
I'm less worried about someone asking for a copy of my license than I am of the lender who recently asked for a copy of my E&O but not my license. :huh:

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Yeah man, I gotta agree with Dave on that one.
I have gotten those calls where they have an order, but want a copy of my E&O first. :ph34r: And you are who??? <_<

Lee M. Ragland

Freshman Member
I rececently received a request for a copy of my license from a mortgage broker who I had never done business with before. Told him I would be glad to e-mail him mine as soon as he sent his. Never heard from him again

bradellis

Folks,

Anyone can get your license detaisl from www.ASC.gov

Why not direct them there?

Brad Ellis, IFA

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Is this really an issue? Is this really a problem? I submit that this is just appraiser stubborness and rather a petty issue. So what if they want a copy of your license. Why should they have to go to a government site to get it? Is the site always 100% up to date? If you put a copy of your license and resume in every report, it is not an issue. Fluff pages? There is nothing that says we have to include a flood map. There is nothing that says we have to include abour 50% of the pages in the report.

Some of us are looking at the lending process through a narrow peep hole. There is an incredible amount of fraud in the appraisal industry. Some of it is from people posing as appraisers. The sheer volume of appraisals going through the system would make every appraiser name a faceless entity. If this "lender request" catches just a minor number of unlicensed appraisers, then it is a good request.

Let me ask you, is this really something to whine about? Are we really too proud to prove we a legally licensed? Is it really an insult to ask for a copy of you license? How many hours of your life is it worth to spend complaining about this small, trivial issue?

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
I have put a copy of my license in each appraisal for a number of years. Most of the regular clients do not ask for it. The ones that do call for a copy of the license are the ones I do not do on a regular basis. When they call I ask, "did you read the report?" Their answer is usually "why sure I did." Than I say well you must of missed it on page . Usually I hear a dead silence and something like, "Oh yeah, here it is, sorry I bothered you.

Jay Wolfson

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Tim, I agree, it is petty. The time I’ve taken to post this thread and read follow-ups is greater than that to scan a copy of my license for incorporation to my report. But don’t you think we add to the problem and hoops we jump through. Whose industry is this? We add fluff which has nothing to do with USPAP. Why do we have to send in a resume? Why do we have to ad a flood map when the title company will charge the applicant for a flood certificate anyway (including 2055’s.) Lenders want color pictures. Some want special addendums explaining things like a digital signature even after Clinton signed it into law. Why do we have to do a “kick the tire” inspection on FHA’s. Sometimes I feel as if I’m running a coffee shop “what can I do for you today, some half & half or extra shot of espresso”? There are other providers out there who specialize in these areas or ways to get info. Its just “easer” for the lender to have you do the work and accept the liability. Less distance between an application and a commission check!
Anyway, I was just ticked about hearing this request for the hundredth time. It reminds that were not in charge. The fear of saying “no” will be the death of this worth wile industry.

sam strahan

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
i'll attach my birth certificate if you'll send me some work! its just a simple scan and attach process. sam strahan trainee soon to be fka sam strahan trainee and nka as just sam strahan appraiser license such n such. glad to be here!

Larry Lyke

Tim ~

Yeah.

And wait until you have to have your picture taken and two forms of ID in order to renew your appraiser license.

Then, when the lender asks for a copy of your license, you can tell them you can't do that because you didn't comb your hair [as if you had any!].

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks