• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Why do you think your successful as an appraiser?

Which single attribute set do you think contributes most to your success? 1 answer.

• I’m Ethical & Honest & really know USPAP

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • I am Superior in the use of Technology

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I am Hard Working & Efficient

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • My Pricing is Competitive

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I provide Superior Customer Service

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I am Experienced, Skillful, & Analytical

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I have Superior Communication Skills

• All of the Above

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I have the Ability to Make Deals Work

• All of the Above

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Which single attribute set do you think contributes most to your success over other appraisers? Only one answer.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
My mentor's teaching, training and ethics.

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Mexico
I come from a sales background, and I think that I benefit from just being professional and courteous to clients. Simple things like returning phone calls and responding to e-mails goes a long way. Learning to bite my tongue when faced with monumental stupidity is not one of my better traits. I think sometimes we forget that we are in a service business.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I am experienced, skillful and analytical. And, modest! LOL

And, I spent 10 years selling real estate prior to appraising.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
I had two incredible mentors .. one taught me business and one taught me appraising ... and I taught them both patience ... :rof:.

Professional Status
State
Montana
Two Mentors

I had two incredible mentors .. one taught me business and one taught me appraising ... and I taught them both patience ... :rof:.

I also had two incredible mentors; one taught me appraising and the other
didn't.

Doug

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly
-Wood Allen

Jungle Boy

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Florida
Had a good mentor in the beginning... Presently have another good mentor...
Each has helped in different areas.

Now, gotta find someone to teach me the fine art of B.S. - that would come in handy every now and then.

Oh, wait, there's USPAP :rof:

ockyappraiser

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Kentucky
"Simple things like returning phone calls and responding to e-mails goes a long way. Learning to bite my tongue when faced with monumental stupidity is not one of my better traits. I think sometimes we forget that we are in a service business."

This is great. At the end of the day. . .there are many honest appraisers doing quality work. What separates those that are successfull from those that aren't is the attitude that "I am in the business of appraising. . .not I am an appraiser". First and foremost, we need to realize we run a business. We have to treat others with respect, give exception service, spend money to constantly upgrade and improve the quality of our work and training.. .and not least. . .be someone others LIKE to work with.

Many appraisers seem to enjoy blasting clients and other appraisers. We can be right. . .and even in a world of all "skippies". . .but people will still not work with us if we are rude, inconsiderate, are offer less than the best quality of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks