• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Will A La Mode Every Release A Mobile Friendly Version For Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakarotto

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I would love to get a surface pro lte and use on tmobile with a mobile friendly version of total. It would allow me to have one device that covers everything for me.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
you mean you are not happy with the product you just defended in another post?

kakarotto

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
you mean you are not happy with the product you just defended in another post?
well my tablet is four years old. i want to upgrade but they dont make 12" android tablets anymore.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
well my tablet is four years old. i want to upgrade but they dont make 12" android tablets anymore.

no real need for them to be honest. last year i picked up a 12" laptop with the 360 degree rotation screen which acts like a tablet when opened for under $250, and no it was not a netbook.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
TOTAL for Tablet PC - Support - a la mode
https://help.alamode.com/appraiser/totalfortabletpc/systemrequirements.htm
The general rule of thumb in the software and PC industry is, the more of anything you put in your system, the faster it should run. That is, if you have 1 GB of RAM, rather than 512 MB, Windows should run faster and so should TOTAL for Tablet PC. Similarly, the faster the processor you have, the fasterTOTAL for Tablet PC ...

* quick search result above. Poster is not a TOTAL customer/user. Recommend contacting their Tech Support to discuss your current need.

Overimprovement

Professional Status
State
Kentucky
no real need for them to be honest. last year i picked up a 12" laptop with the 360 degree rotation screen which acts like a tablet when opened for under $250, and no it was not a netbook.
Mind if I ask what model you got, and how its working out? Are you a total user?

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Mind if I ask what model you got, and how its working out? Are you a total user?

i'll have to look for the model number when i get back home tonight. so far so good for my needs. no, i am not a total user. i don't agree with dave's use, or abuse imo, of power nor how he feels about appraisers, his bread and butter. well we were at one point, not sure where we rank for the alamode corp now as they have morphed into more than just appraisal software. he posted he does not like 90% of the appraisers who use his software in the past.

kakarotto

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
TOTAL for Tablet PC - Support - a la mode
https://help.alamode.com/appraiser/totalfortabletpc/systemrequirements.htm
The general rule of thumb in the software and PC industry is, the more of anything you put in your system, the faster it should run. That is, if you have 1 GB of RAM, rather than 512 MB, Windows should run faster and so should TOTAL for Tablet PC. Similarly, the faster the processor you have, the fasterTOTAL for Tablet PC ...

* quick search result above. Poster is not a TOTAL customer/user. Recommend contacting their Tech Support to discuss your current need.
total for tablet pc was discontinued years ago

justsayno

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
I would love to get a surface pro lte and use on tmobile with a mobile friendly version of total. It would allow me to have one device that covers everything for me.

I too would like a "one tablet" solution. Total works great on my iphone 8 for taking photos in the field. For me, the screen is too small for sketching and the field input options aren't better than input later on my PC. My quarrel is this: my time is being nickel and dimed away by uploading/downloading to the cloud, creating a new file, merging that with my current file . . blah blah blah. I'd also like a quicker map program. I spend too much time re-placing balloons. These things add up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks