• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Windows XP & ACI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I am about to buy a new computer. It seems to me that no retailer is offering anything but windows XP. Does anyone run ACI (Version 8.1.2) with Windows XP and how compatable are they. I understand that older cameras, card readers, printers etc. need to have updated drivers installed before they will work with XP. What i need to know is how well does the ACI software run in XP?
P.S. where is the spell check in this new forum software?

Mike Seward

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I recently bought a Dell running XP and upgraded to ACI 8.1.2. So far, it's working well. After reading some comments on the ACI forum, I decided NOT to transfer any templates.
I created new templates in 8.1.2. The ACI techs said this was not necessary, but I wanted to be be extra careful. People have been talking about 7.3.2 templates causing crashes.
I also called ACI and had a tech walk me through the installation of 8.1.2.
Good luck.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I recently purchased a Sony with XP and have had no problems. The ACI runs well with no glitches.

tc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks