• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Windows XP drivers for HP-2200se

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil (Texas)

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
HP does not have Win XP drivers for the HP-2200 and was unable to download Win 2000 drivers ("page not available"). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

KD247

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Did you try the drivers supplied with Windows XP? Control Panel - Add New Hardware shows a few HP 2200 drivers.

Neil (Texas)

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Could not install drivers from Win XP via control panel (???) But I greatly appreciate your response.
Thanks

BigBlueGA

Professional Status
State
Georgia
By the way, the username and password to login to that site are:

username: "drivers"
password: "all"

Neil (Texas)

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Brandon,

I'll give it a try. THANKS.

BigBlueGA

Professional Status
State
Georgia
Also meant to mention: if you can't find an XP driver, see if you can use a Windows 2000 driver.. sometimes those will work too.

Neil (Texas)

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Tried Win 2000 drivers but no luck. Have used HP computers and printers for many years and am very disappointed in their lack of response to the problem. If no positive results by the end of the day, there will be a new (non HP) system on this desk in the morning.

Thanks for your suggestions.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Neil,

I run my 2200 on my Sony XP, no problems. I think I downloaded one off the net. Try it again.

TC

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Neil,

I run XP with two 2200's with no problems.

I'm trying to remember how I got them to work. It's been awhile. As with most HP stuff you have to install the software first, then make the connection to the printer. Connecting the printer first is out-XP doesn't seem to like that.

Try uninstalling the printer, reboot, then connect the printer. XP should recognize it and install the driver.

I use a Belkin USB kit with a USB connection for the 2200 which is faster than the parallel cable. It's also handy because you can unplug it and plug it back in while the computer's on for XP to recognize stuff.

If worse comes to worse, uninstall the printer from XP, unplug the printer cable and reinstall the HP software that came with it-just follow the instructions. As I said, HP's are famous for needing the software installed before physically hooking up the printer.

That should solve your problem---I hope.....It's all I could remember from my installation.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks