• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Windows XP SP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyR

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
All my pc's want to install automatic updates for an XP Service Pack 3. I did not expect continued updates to this OS since the release of Vista. Anyone know of any problems with SP 3?

AJL118

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
From all I have read, don't let it download yet. It apparently still has bugs in it. I haven't downloaded it yet on my 3 XP computers at home for that reason.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I installed SP3 on August 20, 2008. No problems since then with Windows XP working properly.

Dave

Last edited:

JoeB

Professional Status
State
New York
the biggest problem is explorer 7..you can choose to install sp3 and not the updated browser. If you do install explorer 7, i dont think it can be removed very easily

ddnma

Professional Status
State
Illinois
the biggest problem is explorer 7..you can choose to install sp3 and not the updated browser. If you do install explorer 7, i dont think it can be removed very easily

I have been using IE 7 for some time now with no problems- I installed SP3 last week and was surprised, so far, knock on wood...everything works.

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
No issues on 2 computers...............

Scott Kibler

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Ditto no issues for me.

However, be sure to do a complete backup of your pc prior to installing.

Just in case.

AJL118

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I'm glad to see that the prior posters have had no problems with XP-3. I have gotten so paranoid over some of these downloads and the Microsoft problems with all of their fixes that I am extra cautious, which I will continue to be until just before they announce no further support for XP. I have more going on in my day than being a free beta tester for MS. I don't think they need the money.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
I installed it on both PC and laptop - no issues.
However, suggest you do a complete backup, download SP-3, write it to a CD (then verify the CD) and then do the install. Less chance for a mishap.

Edward OConor

Professional Status
State
New York
I have a great program from Norton, "Go Back". I works like "System restore" but it interfaces (apparently in dos) before windows opens.

It has saved my @ss several times, even when what I installed messed with the boot system.

My copy works only with WP, I don't know if they have Vista version yet or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks