• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Winform Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I'm getting a lot of WinForm errors lately. Click on something, the error box comes up to create an error log, program closes, have to go through the safe start thing and reboot. Lose some of what I was working on.

Anyone else getting these?

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Not happening to me, but I still don't like the sound of it. What's your OS?

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
2000 Pro

Also got the blue screen of death upon hitting print to .pdf 3 times in the past few days.

Turning the machine off manually and restarting it brought everything back, but it sure scares me.

I've updated nortorn anti-virus and ran it, ran memory turbo and adaware, go rid of temp files.... hasn't happened in a couple of days now, but the WinForm error has.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I think I would call tech support and talk it over with them. That doesn't sound good at all. Since I moved the program to my new computer with XP Pro have not had one single lock up. Still don't have the network thing worked out yet but Dave said he is having a senior tech call me who can resolve my issues.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Dave Biggers read this and had a great techie call me! Walked me through deleting something so I'll have a specific item that will pop up to tell them what exactly is happening. I'll call them the next time it happens.

Thanks, Dave!

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
That's great Pam. I love that the ceo of A La Mode checks in here. Let us know what you find out, as I have had a few lock-ups lately as well. I have run the same checks that you have, but it still has happened a couple times lately. I am not sure that it is my software, however, as my whole computer is being a little slow right now.

Good luck.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Mine runs slower sometimes, too!

They had me remove something that now lets the details of the error show up. Just had it happen again late yesterday afternoon, I wrote everything down from the error box and called them. They are trying to figure it out and will call me back since apparently it's not a simple "Oh, that's what it is!".

I'll keep you informed.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Thanks, Pamela. I will be very interested in what you find out.

Michael

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
No answers yet.

I think Adobe is fighting inside if it's self and that's just one of the problems going on here.

When I go to print to pdf, something is going haywire and I get the blue screen of death. Other times, I get the winform error.

?????

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Pamela,

I am curious. What version of Adobe do you have. I recall recently someone talking about an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks