• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Wintotal Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

handdw

Freshman Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Virginia
New user and of course a question. Installed Wintotal Aurora Ver 5.0 on my server. I call customer support and they tell me that all users have to have "adminisrator" privledges on the server in order to run the program from their computers.

I can see giving access to the shared folder on the server, but I find it hard to believe that I have to make everyone administratiors on the server?

Can anyone help?

Thks
Dan

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

What an answer!

Sorry to hear of your problems.

The best help I can give is found here.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Having just re-installed Aurora on a new computer after a motherboard failure, I think you got bad info or misunderstood the instructions.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
You might try asking the same question on the Wintotal Yahoo Group. There are some major Total Junkies there that can help you.

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I think you misunderstood something.

you have to have administrator rights on the PC's connected to the server to install the software.

If you are not set up as the Admin, or have full admin rights on the pc's, 90% of software will NOT install. This is a windows thing, not a Aurora thing.

handdw

Freshman Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Virginia
install

The software get's loaded on the server, then on the pc do a mapped drive and an icon on it. The software does not get loaded on the pc.

I thought the same thing about admin rights to the pc, but that is not it. Even called tech support and they said all users need to be in the administrator group on the server.

The Argus

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Call again, you might get lucky and end up with someone who knows what they're doing.

Nearly EVERY time I have a problem with WinTotal the first thing the tech preson says is "We've never heard of this problem before". I mean EVERY TIME. It's hilarious, and it's become a long running joke at our office.

Seriously, if you call back, you might get someone who can help you, or don't be afraid to ask if there's someone else there you can talk to. Sometimes they will pass you along to somebody more competent.

Tucson Appraisals

Professional Status
State
Arizona
The only thing I don't like about the program is that it does not have a "back" button for the fields that you are typing into. It's really bad if you type a long paragraph and accidentially delete that field. But this being my only complaint, I think you will enjoy the program once you get your situation resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks