• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Wintotal Edi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Just started using the WinTotal EDI. I have a report that I farmed out to another Alamode user appraiser that I trust. He sent the report to me through wintotal EDI. I received it and put it into my program with no problems. Edited, and sending it back to him to double check the edits, sign and send it back to me to sign and send to the client.

It will not send through wintotal edi. Tech support ran through a 'ping' that said sent 4, received 3 and I was told to contact my internet service provider. After spending a couple hours with them, pinging and having no problems, checking and rechecking with and without my router, etc. I have no problems anywhere with any parts of the internet connections and sending/receiving through anything else.

Still can't sent that report through wintotal edi..... client upset, I'm upset, other appraiser is upset.....

Anybody have any clues?

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I called alamode again and they called me back. Ran through some more tries then it magically worked.

No clues as to the reason(s) for my past 4+ hour headache.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Gremlins!

Have never had any problems with this new computer but last night it locked up and wouldn't boot. I shut it down three times and all I could get was a blue screen. Pulled out the recovery disk but before I could load it my wife said..."dinner" so I just left it sitting there in all it's blue glory. Got my dinner and walked back into the office to recover the system and it was back up again.

I did attempt to load some programs for my hand held computer but other than that...who knows????? Is it a full moon?

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
After over a week of climbing around, under and over the desk and other items, I'm really ready for a few weeks with no more glitches!!!!!
:twisted:

Alicia Naiman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I have had the same problem yesterday and now this morning...

I have used WinTotal EDI for a few months now with no problems, but now I'm getting the infamous "it's not us, we've tried to send it a few times...internet traffic, blah blah" error message. Called my ISP and no problems there either. Very frustrating! :angry:

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I've never had any big problems with WinTotal, but last Friday I was having difficulty sending an appraisal off to one of my clients. Sometimes I got a message when I tried to send saying no connection, other times it just wouldn't connect and the 'sending' window would never show up. After a number of attempts I shut down, rebooted and tried to send again. It finally went through but was incredibly slow. Got a call from my client saying he'd recieved 5 copies of the appraisal. Apparently even after rebooting the the software doesn't forget the attempts and sends them all off. How embarassing......... :redface: !

No problems on Monday, sent out three reports with no glitches. I concluded that it must have been problems with my ISP right at the time I was trying to send that report on Friday, though I hadn't encountered problems with internet connection when accessing this forum or any other websites that day, and the problem must have cured itself

Yesterday morning I had to send out two reports. First one went through fine. A little later I tried to send out the second and it happened again. Two attempts, shut down, reboot....it went through the last time but client recieved three copies. :redface:

Wassup with that?????

mbrunson

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Nevada
Sure do miss the free sure receipts... :confused:

Try this for a work around...

1. In WinTotal, print your file as a PDF (there is an option on the print screen. Save it in a folder you are familiar with (WinTotal has a folder named PDF Files found at "H:\WIN2000\PDFFiles" where "H" is your network drive).

2. Open your normal e-mail program (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc) and start a new mail message.

3. Attach your report to the e-mail and under message options check the boxes for Request a delivery receipt and Request a read receipt (You can make that a standard for all of your messages if you wish).

4. Send the file to your client.

This sounds a little time consuming, but is much less frustrating than experiencing all of the phantom bugs in the WinTotal EDI Center.
One other thing you may consider is to use the POP and SMTP settings for your normal e-mail account. Once I switched the settings inWinTotal to use my high-speed internet mail servers, most of the little glitches in the EDI Center went away.

SDG

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks