• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Wintotal - need quickest way to credit paid invoices, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephdifranco

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Right now I'm 1. Clicking search 2. Entering the file number 3. Highlighting the report 4. Clicking Info 5. Clicking Billing 6. Entering a check # 7. Entering a check date 8. Entering the check amount 9. Entering the date paid.

On my old day 1 office works, I selected the client, entered the check #, and check date just 1 time. Then a list of unpaid appraisals came up for that 1 client. To credit an invoice I just typed in the amount I was paid, scrolled down to the next file #, typed in the amount I was paid, and so on...about a 2 step process after the check # and check date were typed in at the beginning.

Does Wintotal have a better way than the 8 steps I outlined? I'm really dying from data entry over here! I bought Wintotal because it was supposed to be the best, I really hope this is not the only way to credit my invoices!

Thanks for your responses,

Roger

Professional Status
State
Missouri
After running search (I search by street#)

Highlight the file you want to mark as paid, but don't open that file.

Click on file in the upper left hand corner, a menu will pop down

There is an option there "Mark as paid", click on it, and it enters a payment amount equal to the billing amount.

Quite easy.

josephdifranco

Professional Status
State
Illinois
That way is not too bad, but...with this method you are not checking to see if the amount billed is equal to the amount paid, also no check # or check date is applied to the record, this is often helpful.

slacker

Does Wintotal have a better way than the 8 steps I outlined? I'm really dying from data entry over here! I bought Wintotal because it was supposed to be the best, I really hope this is not the only way to credit my invoices!

<span style='color:blue'>I find myself in the same situation. I have clients that cut checks monthly for orders received the prior month. When I go to apply the cash it's a process of open, close, open, close, open................you get the idea.

I'm not going to say how many I had to apply last month since some regulars might be sent in to cardiac arrest.

It turns into a love/hate relationship. I obviously love the fact that I'm "Lucky" enough to be sitting down for a half hour applying cash, but I hate the process.

Maybe Alamode can come up with a payment screen that will display all unpaid items with data entry fields for each line item for date, ck#, amt, etc. That way I could apply cash by using just one screen or panel instead of opening dozens of records to do the same thing.

Any help out there Alamode people????</span>

Rick Neighbors

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
I just accessed this area of Appraisers Forum, for the first time, and see that some people were having trouble posting payments.

I don't see a big problem with the process, and I'm not saying my way is the right way, but it works for me.

1 - When you have your "File Cabinet" open, just click on the file that you want to update.

2 - Click on the "info" button at the top of the menu bar.

3 - Click on "Billing" area on left menu bar.

4 - Enter your info in the billing area.

Pretty simple, even for an old geezer like me.

Here is a hint though. Be sure to mark the bill paid date over at the bottom right of the screen.

Good luck,
Rick

Ps - The guys at tech support showed me this. They are the greatest! Of course I have the Platinum version of tech support and I have got help at 2:00 in the morning before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks