• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Wintotal problem, support not helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Since I've had the software, about 9 months, some of the fields I fill out in the requester have gotton screwed up.

The worst one is that some of the payments that I have posted as paid somehow showed up as unpaid later in my management reports.

Also, in the field where I input how much to pay my appraiser, I'll put in an amount, only later when it is time to pay that the number did not get saved.

Support said that sometimes norton anti virus can interfere with these fields, which I don't think is really a fair response because norton is so popular. I think the burden is on Wintotal to remedy the situation.

Has anyone ever solved this same problem?

Thanks for your responses,

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I agree with you - that is a poor response. Perhaps you could download a free trial with another anti-virus software company (ask them to recommend one - perhaps one that doesn't "interfere" with their program). Most of the companies will do a trial version. Then you can disable the Norton and try it with another company.

Wally Jones

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Joseph,

Open the Info. Requester and go to the Status section and make sure you have dates in both the Delivery and Completion, Report Completed (bottom left side) and in the Delivered Date (bottom right side) sections.

Then, go to the Billing section. Check the Appraiser area (upper right) and make sure there are numbers in both the Split dollar amount and percentage blocks. Next, once your invoice has been paid, enter the date and amount in the Payments section (toward the bottom, center). Finally, make sure you enter a date in the Invoice Dates section next to Bill Paid.

I had the same problems as you describe until I did the above and haven't had any complaints since (knock on wood!).

Have you tried turning off your anti-virus program to see if the problem still occurs?

Good luck.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Thanks for your responses,

Judy,

I think I may have to try a new virus program and I will ask Wintotal which I should try.

Wally,

As far as wether I turned off the virus program, I did and next day got a virus, shut me down for 3 hours. All fields were filled in the requester as described in your response.

I still I'm irked, with the popularity of Norton, Wintotal should work with it.

Thanks,

Tom McDowell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
North Carolina
I have been using Wintotal for years and have the same problem. Only thing is I don't run Norton or any other virus scanner. So that would rule out their answer.

I will say that I have never had a problem succesfully answered by AlaMode's tech reps. My request usually ends with a fax form them from their canned fax database.

I must say I am overall pleased with Wintotal. I used Appraisers tool box for a while but a former partner liked Wintotal so he convinced me to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks