• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

wintotal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichaels

Freshman Member
I work for a couple different companies. I downloaded wintotal from company "A". Their company name is electronically imprinted on the middle of the top of the main form along with their phone # and also on the invoice. I have cleared the entire form and this will erase it....until you switch to another form and then it electronically imprints it again....

I need to know how to permanently remove this imprint from my forms. Company "B" obviously doesnt want the name and # of Company "A" on the forms I send them..So I need to know how to get a blank form with no name or # of an appraisal company. Kind of technical ,thanks in advance. Im baffled.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
It can only be licensed to one company. Therefore, the company name will stay on there. Is this your copy of Wintotal that you purchased? If it is, tech support will help you.

Rob Bodkin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
David,

The only way to remove that is to have Ala Mode (Total) change your settings. It is one of the ways they keep their clients honest about how many people are using their software.

In my shop, we pay for an additional license as one of my appraisers only works out of his home, but the top of the page still reads "Freestone Partners".

One of the trade off's with not having a boss is that you have to set yourself up, legally, not only with the gov. but with software and data vendors as well.

If you are using a "copy" of total that your boss did not pay Ala Mode the fee for the rights to "give" to you, then it is in effect stealing from Ala Mode.

Give them a call and get set up right. Then you can have the form say whatever you want.

Rob Bodkin
Freestone Partners

dbiggers

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
David, you just defined the process of software theft. What you're doing is identical to shoplifting. You're using our software illegally, company A helped you do it, and you're trying to use the money they spent on purchasing WinTOTAL to do business behind their back for company B. Wow -- how many different people are you ripping off here?

By law, you need to purchase a legal copy of WinTOTAL. Software theft is punishable by prison terms and fines up to $250,000. Spend the money to buy your own copy and get legal.

Dave Biggers
CEO
a la mode, inc.

I work for a couple different companies. I downloaded wintotal from company "A". Their company name is electronically imprinted on the middle of the top of the main form along with their phone # and also on the invoice. I have cleared the entire form and this will erase it....until you switch to another form and then it electronically imprints it again....

I need to know how to permanently remove this imprint from my forms. Company "B" obviously doesnt want the name and # of Company "A" on the forms I send them..So I need to know how to get a blank form with no name or # of an appraisal company. Kind of technical ,thanks in advance. Im baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks