• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Wish list for Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrienza

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
Wish list for Apex Medina

Randall and all at Apex

I like Media but I would like a few things.... Hopefully in a update they may be added.

A few new symbols IE How about a furnace, Hot water tank,

A slider bar at the bottom to move the drawing horizontal.

A way to edit text by highlighting the text.

Better tutorial video's and manuals. (Had an issue the other day that I could not highlight a symbol to delete it... I had the free form clicked on )

thanks Randall

Ray B

Last edited:

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Thanks for the input, Ray! We like it when people give us feedback like that.

I am working on new Symbols, adding some user-requested items. I think the single most-requested Symbol is a curved staircase. I'm adding a couple of simple ones in there. I may also offer more complete add-on Symbol "Packs" for those who want "the whole enchilada"... ;-) I found that I have a Water Heater Symbol in the "Favorites" section (see image below._ Would that work for your "Hot water tank?" Originally I had a circle with sinuous "S" through it, which I considered be be the universal symbol for water heater, but people complained, so I replaced it with a circle with a "WH" in it. If this will not work, will you please email me an image, link to one or whatever so that I know what you need? Same for Furnace... I usually used a rectangle with an "X" in it, but maybe you need something with GFWA or EFWA in it (?) If you need a rectangle with an X, for now you can use the shower symbol and change the size to 2' x 4' or whatever works for you.

[Edit 1] My email address is spelled out: rgarrett [at] apexwin [dot] com

[Edit 2] BTW, the reason the WH symbol is 1.26' x 1.27' is because it has an access panel plate at the bottom. (I am known to sometimes add in too much detail, LOL. The F-250 truck came from my truck and you can zoom in to see the bolts and washers on the receiver hitch, LOL) Anyway, If I had made it 1.26' x 1.26', the circle would be slightly distorted.

I will also look into the vertical scroll bar item. We used to have that but most people said they didn't like it - they just use the [M] key to move the whole drawing around when zoomed in.

Can you give me more info on "edit text by highlighting"? Do you mean editing in the Library window/panel or edit text placed on the drawing from the Library? Feel free to post here or write me at the email address spelled out above.

On the user guide, I know Robert had a draft ready for review but then he was ill and out for a while, so I will check to see what the status of that is. He also has some videos done but I am not sure what is done and what is still in his "to do" list.

Thanks again for the feedback. We really do like hearing this stuff!

Last edited:

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I use the rounded rectangle box (sizing it to 2.5 x 2.5) for the furnace and then put a capital F in the middle of the box.

I can't seem to get into the swing of editing a single word or symbol either. Some times it works and some times it don't. When it doesn't I have to highlight all my symbols or all my test and delete everything just to get rid of one. What is the smooth editing of text and symbols secret that works every time? If I am in free form (which is usually where I need to edit) it erases my last free form line instead highlighting the test or symbol I want erased.

rbrienza

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
Thanks Randall...

On the water heater... I wish I would learn to read somedays..... what a .... I am

On the edit texts comment.... I wish to edit it in the drawing.. I can move, rotate it but I dont know how to come back and edit it for a mispelled word without going into the command pad text editor.
Thanks
Ray

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
RB,

The only way I can find to edit text within the drawing is to highligh the word
then go to "Edit"...then to "font properties" and make the text color white.
This will at least hide to word. Then just insert the new word as usual.

I am at a losst as to why I can do a simple text delete...Am I missing something?

You can do the "Control T" thing but it takes you all the way through the text on the page...same as before...it sometimes moves the text around though when you do not want it to...so you have to back in "Control T" and go through the motions again...

Not real sure I like Medina...I was still using Apex from 2000 and loving it!
Until I upgraded to Aurora I was having no problems inserting that old software into my reports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks