• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Work Volume - Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

CVal

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
I have a question for Illinois commercial appraisers. Are you busy or slow in regards to bank work? My firm is quite slow and I'm wondering if others are having the same experience? If slow, any reason you know of?

Thanks,

Joe

Gobears81

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Joe

Where in Illinois are you located? I have noticed a slowdown in bank work as well. I've been fortunate enough to be quite busy for multiple years, but received three orders in July. I didn't mind that at the time because there was a big project received a month or two earlier that I needed to catch up on, but the slowdown extended to August and even after taking a week of vacation in early August, I actually was able to turn around a report in a week, despite quoting a three week turn time. Things have picked up since, and I am happy with my current workload, but know of another town where there is a surplus of commercial appraisers and they have gotten pretty aggressive in pursuing work. The last 2-3 years were somewhat of an aberration in terms of activity and I wonder if this is the new normal, but that is difficult to predict

CVal

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Joe

Where in Illinois are you located? I have noticed a slowdown in bank work as well. I've been fortunate enough to be quite busy for multiple years, but received three orders in July. I didn't mind that at the time because there was a big project received a month or two earlier that I needed to catch up on, but the slowdown extended to August and even after taking a week of vacation in early August, I actually was able to turn around a report in a week, despite quoting a three week turn time. Things have picked up since, and I am happy with my current workload, but know of another town where there is a surplus of commercial appraisers and they have gotten pretty aggressive in pursuing work. The last 2-3 years were somewhat of an aberration in terms of activity and I wonder if this is the new normal, but that is difficult to predict

I'm in the Chicago suburbs.

PL1957

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Revenues are up year over year ... super competitive out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks