• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Worksheet Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bearden

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
I have a worksheet that is quite extensive and works quite well with the exception of dates which do not transfer properly from the worksheet into the form. The other is that the information from the worksheet does not transfer at all into additional comparables 4 5 6 which is most inconvenient and is time consuming. Is there a way around these issues, is alamode aware of these issues, beyond the canned tech response that somebody may be working on it and if they are when will it be solved.
One other thing is it possible to transfer a number such as the per square foot adjustment from the worksheet to a paragraph in the addendum.

paulbailey

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
I have discussed this problem with tech and there is no way around it. The variables in comparables 1, 2 and are the same for 4, 5, and 6, etc. I don't know why they did it this way. The software concept is a good one, but the code is below par and it appears that bug fixes and additions are bandaids. My biggest gripe is the math errors in the grid. I received a call from a bank examiner regarding an error in the adjustment column in the URAR. They were very kind in allowing me to correct it and resubmitting the grid. Remember, you sign the report and cannot use a software error as a defense. If you are not aware, you can have math errors in the net adj and ind valu columns and the E&O will not catch it. You HAVE to hit the recalculate key before signing the report to be safe. It amazes me that I have to physically hit a key to readd the columns when the software can do it for me, if properly coded. I am keeping a list of issues in Word that I intend to submit to Alamode soon. If everybody would do the same, maybe we can get the programmers to correct these issues so that we can get back to appraising rather than spending an inordinate of time going over forms for accuracy. I have given up on support, because the only response I get is something like "we are not aware of this type of problem." If this is really the case, there are a lot of appraisers that are going to be in real trouble, both with the regulators and their respective certification boards. I don't think Alamode realizes how serious this can be to an appraiser's reputation or career.

John Wilson

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Originally posted by paulbailey@Jun 4 2003, 09:50 AM
You HAVE to hit the recalculate key before signing the report to be safe. It amazes me that I have to physically hit a key to readd the columns when the software can do it for me, if properly coded.
Hitting the “Re-calculate Sheet” function can screw up your cost approach if you manually enter a percentage for depreciation.

Once you re-calculate, the percentage will default back to the age / life figure and can throw you’re cost figure out of whack.

Be sure to double check that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks