• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

World Markets appear to have been in a free fall today. What does this mean to RE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
It appears that world stock markets were in a free fall today. What will this mean to the US and the US Real Estate Market for investment?

Anyone care to guess?????

My self I think we are in for a roller coaster ride with the markets ending up around 8000 in the next 12 months. I think many will start buying back next year. Not this year.

I look for RE values to drop 20% on top of what it has droped or more over the next year in a lot of places.

Gold will rule for a year or more.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
This takes more money out of stocks, moving cash into CDs, etc. On one side, it frees up funds. On the other side, it further reinforces a reluctancy to loan.

There is word on the market that the Fed is going to cut rates by a half-point.

No one really knows what's gonna happen, other than, other than FHA, you're not gonna get a loan unless you don't need a loan.

moh malekpour

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
It appears that world stock markets were in a free fall today. What will this mean to the US and the US Real Estate Market for investment?

It means that the US RE market is bringing the global market to its knee. It means that the US and global booming economy was fed by US housing bubble. It means that those who said housing recession was an isolated issue and the rest of economy and the global economy were not related to housing market were wrong.

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
It means people are going to need a place to invest their money in and with prices in real estate low and only secured credit able to gain leverage, the investors will be coming back to real estate by summer, looking to grab low deals and leaving the high priced houses on the market. Drops in value but increased number of sales.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I think they call it a correction.

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
It's nothing. Don't worry about it and keep spending! :D :D

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
Fed makes emergency rate cut, stocks spike, new bag-holders are born, inflation, equities slowly bleed back down to new lows during the course of a few months. Rinse and repeat.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
It's nothing. Don't worry about it and keep spending! :D :D

The key is to buy low and sell high. I'm not trying to bird dog, but dude(dudette), there is a bird in them bushes right there.

Tim Schneider

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Fed meets on Jan 31. From what I read, 92% chance they will drop 1/2%.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Inspected 2 homes today. Both bought by "investors" within last six months. Unable to sell them or rent them.....they are now in foreclosure.
Belmont, NC........the town where the word "overpriced" has been outlawed.

Real estate is over valued by 20% or more due to greedy appraisers, real estate agents, mortgage lenders, borrowers, sellers, buyers and speculators.

Everyone was happy until the truth started shing thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks