• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Would anyone be intersted in using an appraiser driven system.

Would you be interested in the Appraiser operated system?

• Yes

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 43 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Last edited:

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Jordon,
AMCs exist because they do a UW function. How you going to do
that? Somebody has to sign off on them, bundle them up, and
sell those mortgages.

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
Review

I would have to get a system together where each appraisal is reviewed.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Don't many appraisers already own AMCs?

You need a 4th option for the Obama supporters where they can simply vote present.:new_all_coholic:

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
People who voted no

Can the people voted for not being interested, please elaborate on why exactly you would not use a service like this?

Last edited:

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Would anyone be interested in using a system where you would process your appraisals through one system? The system would operate somewhat like an AMC in the sense that it would give each independent appraiser their own AMC. By combining with other appraisers the site would be capable of servicing national clients. The site would provide credit card and online check processing and be liable for collecting money. It would operate like an AMC but be ran by the appraisers. This would also be beneficial by allowing appraisers to give appraisal work to other appraisers which they weren't able to complete and in return appraisers would get overall more work. I think it would be a great way to compete with the AMC giants. I would like to see what everyone thinks of this idea and if anyone has any great input. I would be very interested in investing and taking the initiative to get it started but I want to make sure there is interest. Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see or anything that would be beneficial to appraisers so I can do it right. Unlike the AMC's, the fees for something like this would be minimal.

Sounds like the upstart of LSI in the 1990's.
I'll stick with my own marketing methods, they have been working wonders lately.

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
Lsi

This is how LSI operated in the early 90's? I'm not talking about creating an AMC. Its more of a tool for appraisers to come together and provide one service for people without being controlled by a middleman. No one would be taking a large slice out of the appraisers fee.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Something similar is already in the works. Lenfishman built a network like you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks