• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Would you spend $1500 for this opportunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I am attaching a PDF document sent to me on a "seminar" that the person claims will net me at least 25 to 50 new clients. All it costs me is $1,500 to "sponsor" or "partner" the seminar.

The idea is that I would be the only appraiser in the room full of loan officers and I would have my own booth, all for $1,500.

It is a built in part of the presentation to teach the loan officers the importance of setting up a business team with a Title Company and Appraiser in order to add to their own credibility and improve their customer service.
Would any appraiser be enticed by this offer? :new_smile-l:

Last edited:

Ms. Janet

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
We average between 55-65% of the room passing forward a business card

WOW!!!!

:rof::rof::rof::rof:

xmtpedprl

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I have received this 'offer' on several occasions now, and I think others here have, as well. It's ludicrous, as what you'll get is 50 new comp search monsters, and that's about it.

I declined each time.

In fact, the last time I was petitioned I counter offered with me offering to give a seminar on what they're doing wrong in the mortgage industry. Needless to say, they didn't go for it.

Dave...

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
"Those who cant do, teach". Those that teach, charge $1500 for a free breakfast, and have their expenses paid by someone else. .

For $1500, I'll make you a breakfast that will take at least 3 hours, you will talk about for 10 years, and look back fondly.

If you just want some stale donuts and live with regret, give this guy the $1500.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Not me but I would bet some poor soul will bite. There's one born every minute.(semi quote)

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I am attaching a PDF document sent to me on a "seminar" that the person claims will net me at least 25 to 50 new clients. All it costs me is $1,500 to "sponsor" or "partner" the seminar.

The idea is that I would be the only appraiser in the room full of loan officers and I would have my own booth, all for $1,500.

Would any appraiser be enticed by this offer? :new_smile-l:
If I pay the $1,500, do I get to buy a Zaio zone too? :rof:

Will this guy be there?

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
yeah I got one too last week from Money Tree, I declined. I think the Title company is owned by the same company. I think I can find better ways to market more people with my $1,500.

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
The Money Tree Training Group

sounds more like a Money Tree pruning service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks