• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow New VA Fees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyR

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
virginia VA fees rocket to $525 and finals are $150! WOOHOO!!! that is a major bump. so stoked!
That's what i said last year when AZ jumped to $600. Then they added so many new appraisers my VA volume dropped by 60%.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
That's what i said last year when AZ jumped to $600. Then they added so many new appraisers my VA volume dropped by 60%.

ouch cindy that hurts. just curious what is your max weekly volume set too?

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
ouch cindy that hurts. just curious what is your max weekly volume set too?
Cut back last fall from 8 to 7 per week. Usually only saw 5 - 6 per week which kept me very happy. I now see 1 or 2 a week. Sometimes 0 for the week. I am up to 4 for this MONTH.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
This is good and bad .. In California they raised the fee to $600.00-- In some of the States Like Washington-Oregon -Alaska some of the fees are $800.00 plus.. The down side is VA was way behind the curve and had not placed new appraisers on their roster for years ** And Veterans -Banks-Realtors-Banks are now asking their Congressman and Senators why the high fee's and up to 30 plus days to get an appraisal.

This is not going to end up good for VA appraisers.. JUST MY OPINION -- Remember FHA was like the VA system 20 years ago and the banks -and the public killed the old rotation system-- Kind of hard to tell a VET he-she cannot get a house because the sellers will not take their home off the market for 30 plus days to see if they even have a deal.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I'd be in for $525 but it looks like Cleveland is stuck in 2016 at $450......standard cookie fee for me in 2017....

I'll keep watching for sure. Thanks for the heads up Digger.

Lycabull

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
West Virginia
We are still looking to increase our fee panel in most areas of WV. If any qualified applicants are interested, please drop me a line with your contact info. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks