• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Wrapify - Maybe For Penny Pinchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert Craytor

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
An interesting way to make some extra income doing almost nothing. ...

https://techcrunch.com/2016/01/18/wrapify-is-a-startup-paying-drivers-to-wrap-their-car-in-ads/
https://wrapifysupport.helpshift.com/a/wrapify/

"Drivers use Wrapify’s smartphone app to track the length of their commute, and are paid per mile based on a variety of factors, including if the wrapped car was driving through a highly-populated area, or if it was sitting in traffic for a lengthy period of time (where it would get a lot of eyeballs)."

Now $450/month is not a lot and one has to calculate that it might have a negative impact with some clients.

Wrapify states that $500/month is the realistic upper limit, as most advertisers won't pay for more than 25 miles/day.

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
I thought Wrapify was going to be a regression software for penny pinchers. :)

I actually tried to do this when I first went on my own to subsidize my appraisal vehicle cost but I guess they didn't like my old car.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Little Debbie Zebra cakes (McKee Baking) led them to build a striped car black and white for salesman. They are trying to sell it at their store now. I thought about asking what they'd pay to drive it around. Funny thing is the local drive thru safari trucks have same stripes.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
It's pathetic the field has gotten so bad that this is actually made as a serious suggestion.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Hmmm...my truck is looking a little beat up in the paint job dept. A free wrap and they pay me? What's not to love? This might just be the ticket to get a city vehicle to drive instead of my own. Couple appointments and I'll get called into the office to discuss my car "issue"...for which there is only one logical solution. Hopefully my advertiser is like condoms or something similarly cool...Trojan maaann.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Lets shift gears a little bit! With the fervor for Desktops and Bifur appraisal it seems to me you just revealed a additional cash flow for Harry the Aluminum Can Collector who is also doing the Desktop/Bifur Drive by photos!

Cool...Might be more profitable to switch roles from Appraiser to Harry the Aluminum Can collector-House Inspector-Wrapped Car. While were at it maybe he can also be a...wait for it... "Harry the Aluminum Can collector-House Inspector-Wrapped Car.-Uber"

Bert Craytor

Professional Status
State
California
It's pathetic the field has gotten so bad that this is actually made as a serious suggestion.

I like to see how far you can push the concept. What if you could do Uber and Wrapify at the same time as doing appraisals? Hmmm ... what else could you do - deliver Pizza's or something else on the side?

Seriously, think about it. There are some good possibilities out there. Tick tock.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
It's pathetic the field has gotten so bad that this is actually made as
As granddaddy used to say, "Get the jack, get it honest if you can but get the jack."

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I like to see how far you can push the concept. What if you could do Uber and Wrapify at the same time as doing appraisals? Hmmm ... what else could you do - deliver Pizza's or something else on the side?

Seriously, think about it. There are some good possibilities out there. Tick tock.

The field is so silly now...

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Somewhere I have a picture of a Google camera on top of a car with an Uber sign on the side...now add the advertising, and maybe use a van which you sell ice cream or Omaha steaks out of...

Whatever happened to Raleigh or Watkins door to door salesman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks