• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Y do U take less of a FEE from Management Co's? Probablly because U think or they told U other's do. Next order that comes tell them your fee get a NEW Order with YOUR FULL FEE on it do the order & see the CHECK with your full fee on it. TRY THIS it works here.

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Karl,
I did this two years ago and that is y I have no mgt. co. as clients. It was a good thing as it forced me to develop full fee clients. I do not miss the mgt. co's and their incessant phone calling.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Ditto Karl, I don't discount either. Some gripe and say they only pay x. I say no deal, I must have X in writing or I won't even start the engine in my car. They may mumble about having to get it approved, but a little later, the fax comes in with full fee.

But then again, there are only a couple of management companies that I can tolerate. I turn down boo-cuddles of work from others due to ridiculous fees or requirements...... just don't need the additional stress. 8)

DITTO - DITTO AND DITTO Everybody should try it, they'll be surprised.
Work half as less and make twice as more, works for me !

MARKETVALUE

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Georgia
ditto to the fourth degree....

Interesting, after interviewing several support staff people who have had terminations from these type companys, they actually dont pad many of their appraisal fee when they pay us full fee....ie if i were to charge $300 and they usually charge xyz bank $300, they still charge the bank the same meaning $0.00 revenue. No wonder on of the big ones just went under, tough to stay in bidness with that type of profit margin...

CHARGE FULL FEES ALWAYS maybe we'll end up running some of these guys out o business.

MRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks