• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

You know the market is overheated when.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
my nephew sells real estate and goes to college. recently a broker-type left his firm and is the principal broker for a new start up real estate firm in a small town. The guy who started this company does not have a brokers license, sold real estate for only 8-10 mo. and now they are wheelling and dealing. He had worked for a guy who listed a lot of farms and Mr. D as i will call him, admitted to my nephew that he had never shown a house in his career....not one. He now owns a real estate company yet had only shown ranches and chicken farms, a few commercial properties. He wants to get his own brokers license and dump his hireling broker (who had a very nice commission plus salary contract for 1 year). Can you imagine him trying to close a conventional fannie mae let alone an FHA property?? His broker better be good, and keep her head out of the bottle..probably the reason Nephew's company wasn't that displeased to see her go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks