• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

You might want to gear up for FHA work

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
The bill would allow the Federal Housing Administration to guarantee refinanced loans for tens of thousands of borrowers who are delinquent on payments

Is this a new and improved version of FHASecure where borrowers who were deliquent in their payments were not eleigible?

Rrebera

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
With all the new FHA appraiser's that the predatory lenders can now call for, this is just going to make the system even more screwed up. Yo have noticed the increase in FHA appraiser's and with the tough new test that is given, they should of just said fog a mirror and you have a job.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
With all the new FHA appraiser's that the predatory lenders can now call for, this is just going to make the system even more screwed up. Yo have noticed the increase in FHA appraiser's and with the tough new test that is given, they should of just said fog a mirror and you have a job.
I don't think the standard is quite that high.:rof:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
10 questions...cut and paste the answers. At least the appraiser needs to be able to read. Has anyone seen the spanish language version of the manual?

demcpeake

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Kentucky
No, and i wouldn't be able to read it, I am an appraiser. But, what i can do, is put an "s" on a noun and not think it has possession of something. Looks like we all need to take English 101 again.
appraiser plural is appraisers people. not appraiser's.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
It's the appraiser's job to know the scope of work necessary for each assignment. HUD/FHA requires a licensed or certified appraiser. If the appraiser did not competently perform the scope of work necessary then HUD can remove them from the roster... immediately.

What's the point of a 10 question quiz or a 500 question proctored exam?

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
No, and i wouldn't be able to read it, I am an appraiser. But, what i can do, is put an "s" on a noun and not think it has possession of something. Looks like we all need to take English 101 again.
appraiser plural is appraisers people. not appraiser's.

i don't think you should be lecturing on proper english usage.:icon_idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks