• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

You Want the Truth? You Can't Handle the Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Blended Data - Valuator's data set uses appraisal data combined with public record data - a more complete data source!
Yep, they use appraisal data.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
DataQuick Valuator®</STRONG></SPAN> — DataQuick's exclusive multiple-model AVM generates real time and batch delivery estimates for 90% of all residential properties in the United States. Valuator is currently the only AVM built around a vast national database that combines public record data with the largest set of field-gathered appraisal information.
Yep, more of the same, appraiser's data.

NC Appraising

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
My favorite:

"site-inspected appraisal data."
:huh:

"proprietary appraisal data" :unsure:

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Where have I seen the Word "BLENDED"? OK guys, theirs your definition. Who owns DataQuick?

Last edited:

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
In years past DataQuick was the only private reporting service available in Graham County. I fought with them for years because they were handling the data from the assessor's offices in Arizona completely wrong. For example a parcel might have a house constructed in 1990 with 1,200 square feet as improvement #1, improvement #2 would be a barn with 600 square feet built in 1988, improvement #3 would be a storage building with 120 square feet built in 1999. DataQuick would report only one improvement on the property, the 120 square foot storage building in 1999.

And then there is another private report service that the real estate agents use (but I don't have the name) that would report one structure with 1,920 square feet with a construction year of 1999.

I don't trust private reporting services--their data is wrong!! I currently use Win2Data from First American, at least they itemize the improvements on each parcel but they are two years behind on new structures, one year behind on new parcels and changes in legal descriptions and three months behind of the latest sales--so they are not very dependable either.

All of the above is why I have created my own computerized data base, it is current (as of 12-07-2007) and has the correct improvement information.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
No matter who it is, it has become apparent that they are sharing data with each other in this case, on-site appraisal/er data. There seems to be extensive partnering of such companies with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks