• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Your're NOT gonna believe this request !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Caffey

Sophomore Member
HERB,
> ANOTHER ITEM NEEDS TO BE CHANGED ON THE APPRAISAL PER THE LENDER, FIRST
> HORIZON LOAN CORP. CHANGE THE PROPERTY FROM A PUD TO A FEE SIMPLE. EMAIL
> THE CHANGE TO ME TODAY IF POSSIBLE AS THE LOAN IS CLOSING TOMORROW.
>
> THANK YOU.
> KIM
>
> Kimberly Kucera
> Loan Processor
>
> LNG FUNDING, INC.

The subdivision has HOA dues so it is a PUD, AND we are in Texas, so it is a Fee Simple State !!!! Go figure----- Now I know why these loans are turned down AND it re-enforces why I get paid IN ADVANCE !!

Mary in Texas :roll:

Bill_FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Becareful.

HOA dues do not define a PUD. There must be property owned by the association. There are several private subdivisions inwhich there is no common property that have HOA dues. These are not PUD's. HOA fees cover road maintenance, however the lot owners own to the center of the road. Since the roads are not owned commonly, but there are fees to maintain them, this does not qualify as a PUD.

I do not have the FNMA link for this. JoAnn probably does, but it is in their definiation of PUD.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
For those that want the source:
~~~~~~~~
A planned unit development (PUD) is a project or subdivision that consists of common property and improvements that are owned and maintained by an owners' association for the benefit and use of the individual units within the project. For a project to qualify as a PUD, the owners' association must require automatic, nonseverable membership for each individual unit owner, and provide for mandatory assessments. Zoning should not be the basis for classifying a project as a PUD.
~~~~

Feel free to cut and paste in your, timely and reasonable and (better wait til you cool down).... at least ACCURATE response.

Bill_FL

Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks Lee Ann. I actually lost a client over that. I refused to mark something a PUD that was not. The client said I had to be wrond because the attorney prepared a PUD addendum for closing. I told them the attorney was wrong. I provided them with a copy of that and the attorney said he was not aware of it. Since I just didnt change my form and it delayed closing by a day, I no longer get work from them.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Just another example of someone working at McDonald's one week, and being an UW the next.

Roger

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Sorry to burst your bubble but......if there is a mandatory HOA with mandatory dues it is a PUD, period! Shouldn't be ... but is for lending purposes.

Now the reason.....HOA dues have priority over the mortgage! The HOA can, and does, foreclose if the dues are not paid so it is considered a PUD.

Mary Caffey

Sophomore Member
Yes, Mike- that's the way we see it in Texas- as in the little ole woman who lost her home 'cuz she was behind in her hoa dues- if it has dues at Lake livingston then it IS a PUD......

usually the roads are maintained by the subdv. and not county maintained plus there is usually a boat ramp or park area.

Mary

Ken-NC

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Mike,

So, take this example: A private road with seven single-wide manufactured homes on it. The homeowners have set up a homeowner's association and all homeowners must pay a mandatory $10.00/month to cover road maintenance. The homeowners own to the center of the road and there are NO shared amenities.

I should call this small community a Planned Unit Development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks