• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Zaio Photographer comes through Neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron lambert

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I saw a strange looking fellow riding his bicycle through my neighborhood taking pictures. I was on the way to my children's school the first time I saw him and thought, that can't be an appraiser on a bicycle, what the heck is he doing...I was running late so I kept going. When I came back, there he was again, stopping in front of all the houses taking pics. I asked him what he was doing, he grimaced as if this was the 1 millionth time he has tried to defend what he is doing. He explained he was a freelance photographer hired buy a national appraisal firm to take photos of the area. I asked him if it was Zaio....his eyes lit up like he had found a long, lost friend. He said I was the only one of thousands who had heard of Zaio. I started asking him some questions, but he really had no idea about the company, or who the zone owner is. He did say he took 600 pics on Sat. and 700 pics on Sun.

Anyway, I got a kick out of it.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Thats just great, I hope the banks and regulators are ready this. Is this what they want for someone who is a picture takers on a fly-by bike, and scrubing (data mining for comments) off MLS, and maybe being done overseas.

MattLeck

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Florida
That's funny, i'll bet he was happy to run into someone who was understanding. I've done a lot of research on that company and highly considered working for it. I just graduated Florida State University with degree's in Real Estate and Finance and thought about working for them for the first 2 years to get my trainee experience. Do you think they would provide a good training program? Or do you happen to know any good companies that are currently looking for a hard working trainee appraiser?

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Well, you could get a real job just taking pictures! Oh, did you mention experience? :rof: :rof:

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
How do they match the address of the house with the picture?

Hola27

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
That's funny, i'll bet he was happy to run into someone who was understanding. I've done a lot of research on that company and highly considered working for it. I just graduated Florida State University with degree's in Real Estate and Finance and thought about working for them for the first 2 years to get my trainee experience. Do you think they would provide a good training program? Or do you happen to know any good companies that are currently looking for a hard working trainee appraiser?

Its a tough business........lenders are picky. I know I cannot afford to train an apprentice. Look into becoming a realtor or Real Estate Law.:new_all_coholic:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
thought about working for them for the first 2 years to get my trainee experience
i doubt if taking pix will hack it as "experience"...my board would just laugh at you. Try the assessor or a mass appraisal firm if you cannot find experience anywhere else.

JT1974

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin

Matt,

If you've got a degree in Real Estate and Finance I would apply at commercial appraisal firms such as CBRE, Integra, Cushman Wakefield, etc. If you are smart, motivated and willing to relocate and travel you will probably get hired by one of the national firms and you will have the potential to do quite well. The residential market is in the toilet right now so your prospects are quite grim there. However, considering your educational background, I would think you have a good shot at getting in with a reputable national firm on the commercial end.

Good luck.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I asked him what he was doing, he grimaced as if this was the 1 millionth time he has tried to defend what he is doing. He explained he was a freelance photographer hired buy a national appraisal firm to take photos of the area. I asked him if it was Zaio....his eyes lit up like he had found a long, lost friend.

He probably gets a lot of flack. And that was the first time in a million someone guessed right what he was doing. :leeann2:

William Little

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Thirteen hundred pictures in two days on a bicycle, my goodness. There is a guy that wants to work. More power to him.
I hope he has a very good process for matching the photos to the addresses, or an unreal memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks